Nappy rash

El1en

Reaction score
Hi all, my 1 year old has quite bad nappy rash and I wondered what you ladies might use apart from sudocrem?

The only time my Lo has had a hint of nappy rash was when I changed her wipes to pampers and I quickly guessed it was that so it was never and issue

It's just started recently, at first I wondered if it was the switch to cows milk but she's been on it for ages now. She also loves citrus fruits so wonder if it's that.

Anyway I've been using sudocrem but it's not helping so will pop to boots tomorrow but not sure what's the best

Thanks

Try Matanium it's fab for nappy rash. I don't bother with anything else now. X

Weleda calendula nappy cream is great- works quickly and is very soothing.
Hope it clears up soon!

Weleda calendula nappy cream is great- works quickly and is very soothing.
Hope it clears up soon!

Thank you ladies

I'm all out of breast milk but have loads of lasinoh so I'll try that over the weekend and then if it doesn't help I'll try the weleda on Tuesday

Thanks again

I found nappy free time the best cure for a rash! When weathers nice get them in garden with a nappy off and let fresh air get to that tush! X

My son has had some terrible nappy rash so we've tried most things suggested here... by FAR the most effective for us was a very thin (almost transparent) layer of metanium followed 5 mins later by a thicker layer of Vaseline/diprobase or similar. barrier.... literally heals it overnight.

Metanium Ointment. Excellent stuff. Has worked wonders on both my LOs. Pretty much clears overnight x

Also use zinc and castor oil as barrier cream ( can get it easily in Boots) once it heals up, really effective protection from poo so should stop it reoccurring :)

Thanks everyone. We always have nappy free time on an evening for 30/45 mins after bath time but if the grass dries enough I'll let her be nappy free in the garden for a while. Will look into the metanium if the lasinoh doesn't do anything

Second the yellow matiumim my son had s really bad nappy rash with teething. 12 hours later after using the cream it had cleared up. Magic stuff

Thanks I think I'm going to get some of that today. I've used the lasinoh over the weekend and it has improved but not as much as I'd have liked.

I swear by weleda the calendula one. Every single time we had a red bum, used that for a day and it was gone! Sudocreme never works on his bum, it's very effective when I burn myself or on my spots!

Egg whites are the best thing I've used. Use your fingers to spread on and pour some over bum before bed time and it'll clear in no time x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back