Napping on me

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by traci, Jan 31, 2012.

1. traci

traci Well-Known Member

Alice will only have her naps on me at the mo. She used to go in her basket but now she won't settle in it if I put her down. Plus she's almost outgrown it! I don't mind her napping on me but it's awkward as this was when I was managing to get things done around the house!! Any suggestions on how I can get her to settle if I tried her in the cot?

2. Sarah13

Sarah13 Well-Known Member

Kynon is a bit like this at the moment too, he goes in his pram for a nap and I roll it around and put white noise on. He still wakes every half hour so I have wheel it about again but I manage a couple of essential chores! The Hoover always works a treat sending him off as well lol!

3. Piglet's Mama

Piglet's Mama Well-Known Member

The hairdryer is amazing! I used to use mine all the time to get Brooke off. I'd put her on the bed, turn the hairdryer on and she'd be off! This isn't for everyone though... :blush:

Also, when Alice is asleep, does she wake when you put her down? It could be that she's going from somewhere warm to the cold basket/cot? Try putting a warm, fleecy blanket down for her to go straight on to. Or, just enjoy the naps - B still naps a lot on me and I love it x

4. traci

traci Well-Known Member

No, she's not keen on noise, she's happier in a quiet room. Maybe she does feel a bit cold going down. But I really don't mind her napping on me, I love cuddles! Just have to let the dishes pile up!!

5. traci

traci Well-Known Member

:yay: I managed to get her to have her lunchtime nap in the cot! I'm so proud x

6. Piglet's Mama

Piglet's Mama Well-Known Member

Well done hun! x

7. Princess81

Princess81 Well-Known Member