Nappies!!!!!!!!

Snappykat

Reaction score
I desperately need advice. Every single morning without fail the wee man wakes up soaked through. I was on size 4 nappies but had to change as both boys were getting soaked throughout the day so have changed to size 5. We were doing OK for a while but now it's every morning with the wee man and the big man maybe every second morning is up wet. The big man a couple of mornings ago had soaked through the gro bag and sheets :wall2: My washing is a nightmare with having to wash so many gro bags. I have tried size 5's in the following:

Boots own
Aldi
Asda
Huggies
Pampers
Sainsburys

It seems my only other option are tesco's own but to be honest I'm doubtful as I'm sure they're just like Asda's.

Can anyone help I'm losing my sanity with all this washing :wash:

Have you thought about adding a fabric soaker in? You can get about 10 bamboo soakers for £12 and you could just lay that in the disposable nappies but they soak up LOADS. I can't offer much else though sorry.

Have you thought about adding a fabric soaker in? You can get about 10 bamboo soakers for £12 and you could just lay that in the disposable nappies but they soak up LOADS. I can't offer much else though sorry.

Now I'm going to sound like a bit of a thicko but are these disposable?

No they'd have to be washed, but you could soak them if you wanted before putting them in the wash but if theyre already weeing through things then its just like putting things with wee on in the dishwasher :) Ive read other people who've had the exact same problem and switched completly to cloth and had fantastic results. Also! Instead of that, you could just buy some wraps to go over the disposable nappy. If you can get a good wrap each for them (about £8 or so) then it should keep any leaks in and theyre pretty patterns too lol. You could just rinse them each morning and theyll dry really quick so youd only really need to buy one each for them.

Do they wear popper vests?
I always found AJ was wet when he needed to move up a size in vest too, as the vest stopped the nappy from expanding and soaking up properly.

No they'd have to be washed, but you could soak them if you wanted before putting them in the wash but if theyre already weeing through things then its just like putting things with wee on in the dishwasher :) Ive read other people who've had the exact same problem and switched completly to cloth and had fantastic results. Also! Instead of that, you could just buy some wraps to go over the disposable nappy. If you can get a good wrap each for them (about £8 or so) then it should keep any leaks in and theyre pretty patterns too lol. You could just rinse them each morning and theyll dry really quick so youd only really need to buy one each for them.

I wonder if they would work then? I normally change their nappies right before they go to bed at about 8 and then they get up at 8 the following morning so would they last 12 hours? I'm willing to try anything but they sound sooo complicated and do you not need to buy lots of different things?

Do they wear popper vests?
I always found AJ was wet when he needed to move up a size in vest too, as the vest stopped the nappy from expanding and soaking up properly.

They do wear popper vests but I'm quite sure it's not that as we have a mixture of 12-18 months and 9-12 but I will defintely check!!!

SnappyKat I have looooaaads of boosters if you want me to send you a couple to test out?

Really that would be awfie kind of you. Not sure what one is but will be happy to test :lol:

Lanna soaks through when she is in a popper vest, So now she wears 18 months popper vests (As opposed to 12 months like her other clothes are) and they fit fine, and no leaking!

I desperately need advice. Every single morning without fail the wee man wakes up soaked through. I was on size 4 nappies but had to change as both boys were getting soaked throughout the day so have changed to size 5. We were doing OK for a while but now it's every morning with the wee man and the big man maybe every second morning is up wet. The big man a couple of mornings ago had soaked through the gro bag and sheets :wall2: My washing is a nightmare with having to wash so many gro bags. I have tried size 5's in the following:

Boots own
Aldi
Asda
Huggies
Pampers
Sainsburys

It seems my only other option are tesco's own but to be honest I'm doubtful as I'm sure they're just like Asda's.

Can anyone help I'm losing my sanity with all this washing :wash:

You say you have tried 4 and 5's in Asda's. I had the same problem with my son, he was wet in a morning with size 4s, so tried sizes 5 with him as we had some left from his sister and was wet with them, he's in a 4+ asda's little angels comfort dry and it's not often we have wet vest's/pj's in a morning now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back