• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Naff scan

minikins

Reaction score
Had an early scan on Monday as they wanted to check that the pregnancy was not ectopic. Good news is that the pregnancy is in the right place, but they are not sure of my dates as they found no heartbeat etc. They can detect the pregnancy sac etc but it's either too early for the heartbeat or I could miscarry in the next week or so.

Great, got to wait a week on Monday for the next scan, but I have heard this is quite common to go for one early on and there be nothing at first.

Have any of you guys had this?

x

Try not to worry hun

I know its hard i went through the same thing they saw the yolk sac and stated that it was too early to see the heart beat .

They told me i was equivalent to 5 weeks gestation which mean bubba was still to tiny :( .

On a great note i went to the hospital yesterday and they did a scan it had suppose to have been my 8 weeks gestation buy upon scanning they saw that i was 9 weeks and 5 days .

They confirmed with me my DD which is now the 8 Aug my EDD was 5 Aug and they also showed me the bubbas heart beating .

So try not to worry just relax and enjoy every moment .

If you need to know anything else us girls are here to help :)

Sorry you didn't get a conclusive scan Minikins :( But try not to worry it's not unusual not to see the foetus so early. When I had my first scan at 6 weeks they said the same but managed to find the little bean. I bet when you next go they'll find it and you'll be so much happier.

:hug:
Sabrina
x

sorry to hear this minikins, but try not to worry!

I also had a suspected eptopic pregnancy scare... had 4 scans in the space of a fortnight as they could not be 100% sure the baby was in the right place, had to have loads of blood tests too - checking my hormone levels were increasing correctly.

They did not find the heartbest until the last one, which was at 8 weeks.... so it may be just that it is early days?! but the baby had grown in between scans which the doctor said was a good sign...

I thought it went on growth/ size at this early stage on not on whether a heart beat is found, but I am not te doc I guess!

Try and relax, easy to say I know, good luck for your next scan :hug:

Hey Hun

I've just posted about a similar experience I had - was sent for a scan at 5/6 weeks and they could see the same as you, no heartbeat, etc... then today I had another and everything was fine! Early scans can be good and bad - fab for reassurance, but sometimes create more worries than those they overcome... :roll: We can't win :wink:

My Mother-in-Law gave me some (unexpected, out of character...) good advice - she reminded me that it's only recently we have the technology to be able to have such early scans and women used to go through most of their pregnancy without seeing anything - believe me, I know from personal experience how it's easy to tell someone to try to relax but when you're the one going through it, its easier said than done. But no early sign of a heartbeat at an early stage is not necessarily an indication that there is any problem at all. :hug:

I hope and pray everything goes well for you on Monday Minikins my sis is a nurse and she reckons they very rarely find a heartbeat before 6.5 weeks. So hopefully it was just a wee bit too early for you. Keeping everything crossed.

Thanks guys, have not MC so far and still puking for England so that means I am full of the right hormones etc.

Topbird, sounds like you have been through the mill too.

i had one at 5/6 weeks and they couldnt see the heartbeat and now hannah is running around so try not to worry

The morning sickness is a great sign that things are fine.

Hope you see that heartbeat soon.

B x

Hi Minikins

Sorry you didn't see a HB though I'm glad everything is in the right place. As you say, you're having plenty of symptoms so the hormones are certainly doing what they need to do to sustain the little bean for now. I'll keep my fingers crossed for your next scan. It probably seems like ages away but the week will zoom by with Dominic keeping you busy in between your head being down the toilet.

:hug:

LBxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back