kirlykird

Reaction score
Hello!

Well here is my wedding story...

Thursday 30/8

All of the inlaws started to arrive from Sweden

Friday 31/8

Was a very busy busy day!!

We had a lot to do to turn eeverything around for the next morning,for once I could say thank goodness the inlaws were here :)
The marquee turned up late at nearly lunch time so we had such a short time to decorate it. We made favours,my candle arrangements etc,laid places,made place cards & seating plans etc.

Today 90% of our guests arrived in oxford. My family & friends had come from all over the country & Anders friends & family had either come from Sweden or London.
We booked them all into the same hotel,therefore on the Friday evening,we all went out for a meal & a few drinks :)

We then went home & lying in bed on the friday night we were both so excited & said that it felt like waiting for Christmas :D

Saturday 1/9

Ok,this was the big day :cheer:

My best friend came around to help me get ready,she was my honourary maid,second in command on the organisational front & mum for the day :)

I cried when I saw the kids & Anders all dressed up,I was so proud of my little family :D

At 10.15am,we all headed off to the register office. It was so nice to see everyone there cheering us on especially as most people had to travel a long way :)

The ceremony was beautiful,Anders read me a poem which again, made me have tears & I remember through the vows gripping his hand like I could never let go :D

Afterwards,we went for our official photos (will post some of these when we get them back) & then whilst the guests were arriving at ours we went for a drive around Oxford in the Z4 with the top down & the sun shining singing everlasting love :rotfl: It was fabulous!!

We got back to ours at 2pm to be welcomed by our toast master and be greeted by our guests .
We mingled until 3pm when we all sat down to dinner. It was a mix of British/Scandi culture & was so much fun.
We started the informal speeches during dinner where we all laughed so much that we cried :rotfl:
We had the cake & then our formal speeches which consisted of my best friend,who did me proud :) My father in law who said such an emotional speech and I was so proud of him as he isn't so familiar with English but he made such an effort :hug: Next came my husbands,Anders,this was very emotional for me & finally was mine....

I necked 2 glasses of wine & stood up & did my speech & then shocked EVERYONE by doing a Swedish one, Most of the guest at this point were crying as it was so unexpected but God,I had been practicing for ages!!
This was greeted by a standing Ovation & made me feel fabulous!!

It was then time to PARTY! We left at 11pm to head off to Oxford prison,the Malmaison where we had a love suite. this was a gorgeous suite on 2 levels,upstairs was the lounge & the champagne & chocolate dipped strawberries :wink: Downstairs was the bedroom with all of the oils, candles etc... the bath was a doubl roll top, the shower room was huge with just red spot lights 7 a double power shower,everything was made for sharing & loving :wink:

the next morning we had champagne breakfast served to our room & we made use of the facilities :wink: :wink:

We spent Sunday afternoon with some family & friends & we all went out for dinner on the Sunday before they left for Sweden Monday morning.

It was a wonderful,magical day & I so wish i could go back & do it all over again.

Some photos others have taken...

just after the marquee arrived...a long way to go..

Brllop2006009.jpg

Brllop2006013.jpg

So proud of the bridesmaid & best man
Brllop2006026.jpg

Brllop2006028.jpg

The ceremony...
Brllop2006029.jpg

y1p2VsvoFBGvhLL6d8Sc0jr23R63wJn5kOB.jpg

The Sundberg family...

Brllop2006069.jpg

Brllop2006063.jpg

Brllop2006094.jpg

DSC00715.jpg

Brllop2006099.jpg

aww lovely pics hun :) you look beautyful

What a gorgeous wedding. You all look stunning. :D

Looks like you had a great day you all look lovely congratulations on your big day

Congratualations lady - it looks like it was a lovely lovely day - yay!

You look beautiful and so so happy

Valentine xxx

Thanks ladies :D

Though V, I imagine you've had a sneak peek on facebook :wink:

congratulations! ou got married on my mums birthday too! :dance:

Awww lovely photos and a lovely wedding story. You look gorgeous.
Congratulations :cheer:

Congratulations you look beautiful and everything looks perfect!

The love suite sounds amazing too! :D

what a fab day kirly you look gorgeous and your kids look so smart hate to be bias but sam is just the cutest. what a handsome family you are :dance:

congrats KK.. You looked Fabulous and well done on the speech

what a amazing family

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Yay!!! Well done & congrats again to the Sundbergs!!! Fantastic wedding story & pics......everyone looked fab!!

Big WELL DONE on the speech in Swedish - you go girl :cheer:

Hi

you all look gorgeous im glad your day went so well
Katrinaxx

Thanks ladies,the speech was def one of my highlights of the day,gosh I'm so clever :rotfl: :hug:

Oh Kirls it just sounds so wonderful, you look stunning and B T and S look so cute, I bet B was so chuffed that she got to wear such a gorgeous dress, a real princess!!!

Congratulations!! :hug:

ooooooooooh beautiful piccys, kk!

congratulations!! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back