My pregnancy, child birth and new-born baby phobia ...

laura nineham

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself first and then ask for your help.
My name is Laura and I have a complete phobia of pregnancy, child birth and new-born babies. My fear of pregnancy is getting better. At one stage I would shake, well up and panic if I so much as saw a pregnant lady. I am petrified of holding babies because I am paranoid I will break them and I can't handle graphic stories of childbirth.

Until about a year ago I didn't know it was a proper phobia - I just thought I was really wierd. It seems like such an unnatural phobia to have I didn't tell anyone about it for ages.

It is for this reason that I want to make a short documentary about tocophobia. I'm a final year journalism student and this documentary will make up a huge part of my degree. I want to do it about this issue to raise awareness and explore the issue.

I'm basically looking for someone to interview who had a similar phobia as myself but has overcome it and managed to conceive or give birth. The interview will be on camera, but I can conceal anyone's identity with some tricks I've learnt if you so wish.

I'm based in Bournemouth and, being a student, I can't travel far because I simply don't have the funds to. I'm looking for someone in Dorset, Wiltshire, Hampshire, Surrey or Sussex who would be willing to spare only about an hour of their time to help me out.

I can come at a time most convenient to you, whether that be very early one morning, the weekend or any evening.

If this is something you think you would be able to help me with, my email address is [email protected] or alternatively you can send me a pm on here.

Thanks for reading this post, I know it's a long 'un and I really hope you can help me.

Laura x

i think this is against the rules.. :think: i think you may have to pm one of the mods first to see if you can do this, but i am almost certain you cant.

I have just messaged a moderator to check I'm not breaking any rules, but I can't understand why I would be.

I guess I will just have to wait and see what they say, unless anyone knows why this is against the rules?

Thanks,
Laura x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back