• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My poor baby is poorly again :(

happy-chick

Reaction score
My dads had a fluey virus and been really poorly for over a week, we've kept well away but were with him just as he started feeling poorly... im feeling awful but Ellies even worse poor thing, shes having hot sweats and had a high fever ranging from 37 right up to 39.1 :( We've had her at emerg docs last night then our family doctor today and they think its definately a virus.

We've gotta keep checking her temp regular and keep a very close eye on her, only way we can keep her temp at 38 is have her just in her nappy and house really cool... soon as u put any clothes on her she overheats and starts sweating :( if she changes at all or temp cant be controlled anymore then we've got to get straight to doctors or A&E.

Hate it wen shes poorly, feel so sorry for her :( my poor baba! :cry: :cry:

Awww no! Your gorgeous smiley girl is poorly :( Hope she picks up soon hun :hug:

Awwwwww poor Ellie!!

Really hope she (and you) are feeling better soon chick

:hug: :hug: :hug:

xxxxxx

I feel like death!! Ellies alot worse shes not eating a much, ive had to wake her for food all day... can only keep her temp at 38ish when shes got nothing on, shes really drowsy & just really unwell :(

sorry she is still ill..

just wanted to post some tips for babies with fever that ive already mentioned to jo just incase anyone is interested..

make sure your baby is stripped to a nappy.. and if their temperature goes to 38 cool with a fan (not directly on the baby) to cool the air gently.. use luke warm flannels on the skin to cool slowly - never use a cold flannel directly on the skin as it can cause fits.
you can use 2.5ml of calpol and ibuprofen together at the same time or between doses of either so your baby is kept topped up with pain killers when your baby is 3 months old - always follow instructions on the packet. and you should try to top up as often as you can safly to stop the temperature getting out of control.

all of the above should lower your babys temperature straight away and keep it under control.

if these measures fail and the babys temperature doesnt come down then you need to contact a health professional.

Hope you both feel better soon.

Have some hugs. :hug: :hug: :hug: There's nothing worse than seeing your lo when they are ill so I think you need them. xxx

lisa&alex said:
sorry she is still ill..

use luke warm flannels on the skin to cool slowly - never use a cold flannel directly on the skin as it can cause fits.

if these measures fail and the babys temperature doesnt come down then you need to contact a health professional.

My HV said never use any kind of sponge down. Only a bath is safe as the water draws the heat off the body in one go :think: :? I wish all guideline were the same and practised the same :wall:

LilysMummy said:
lisa&alex said:
sorry she is still ill..

use luke warm flannels on the skin to cool slowly - never use a cold flannel directly on the skin as it can cause fits.

My HV said never use any kind of sponge down. Only a bath is safe as the water draws the heat off the body in one go :think: :? I wish all guideline were the same and practised the same :wall:

My GP told me to sponge her down with luke warm water and the water acts like perspiration and cools the body down.

:hug: Hope you are both feeling better soon! Seeing Ellie so poorly will make you feel worse Jo :hug: It's so awful when they are bad :(

Thanks girls, shes much the same... temp high & this afternoon she keeps vomitting :( back to the doctors tomorrow i think as her temp keeps rising and has reached 39.6 at one point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back