my legs are failing me..... :(

mirella

Reaction score
well, since about week 7 my left leg started to get numb now and then while standing or walking (only the front of my leg from hip to knee). it increased and increased, now it gets very painful and is in both legs!!!! Went to GP and said she could not help, is something related to pregnancy she said... so got another appointment with different GP, and same answer, although she kind of explained it better. There is a nerve coming out from spine that goes to legs. as ligaments relax, this nerve is kind of trapped? and makes my legs numb and sore. but it is only when i stand or walk!! as soon as i sit, i'm ok!!!

they cannot do anything, i just have to suffer!!!! i see myself in a wheelchair as the pregnancy advances....

anyone had this? or heard of it?????

Hi hon

am so sorry to hear you are suffering :hug: A friend had a similar problem during her pregnancy and yes it was due to the nerves being compromised in some way (sorry don't know the exact details). Perhaps you could make an appt with your doctor instead of midwife and speak to them instead?

As this is having an effect on you, you really should be seen. My friend was back to normal as soon as she had given birth though so if you do have to take it easy it won't be for long.

I do remember she used to go to pregnancy yoga classes and swim sessions for mothers to be as they really helped with the pain.

Good luck hon

Thank you angelfairy!!!!

i'll try to get into the pool often. i'll get a membership for a few months and see if it improves... i think i need the exercise anyway!!! it's just a pain, i cannot go anywhere without having to sit down for a few minutes every so often!!!! i look like an 80-year old!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back