My horrible Friday. :-( (sorry, it's long!)

Amanda

Reaction score
It started with Charlie being really grumpy in the morning and not settling at all, then got worse!

Because the council have moved us, I now have an 11 mile round trip twice a day for Kayleigh to get to school. Well, on the way home on Friday morning, my bloody car packed up!! :shock: I was halfway up a hill and it just died! This was at 8.45am, and Charlie was due a bottle at 9am so was screaming in the back of the car because he had woken up hungry. I tried to start the car, but nothing. So a lollipop lady and 3 parents pushed me off the main road, and I then had to sit there in the pouring rain with a screaming baby waiting for DH to come and bring me home.

I walked in at 9.10am, and found that the bloody dog had pulled the letterbox cage off the back of the door and destroyed the post! :evil: After feeding Charlie and he finally dropped off to sleep, I went to open the post, and ended up collapsing in a heap on the kitchen floor and sobbing. :cry: The Child Benefit people had chosen this particular day to send back Charlie's birth certificate. :cry: It is in shreds. :cry: I know I can get a copy, buy this is the original, and I was already moaning about having to fold it in half to post it. I then got really angry and actually kicked the dog! :oops: :cry: Then I felt so guilty that I sobbed even more! :cry:

At lunchtime, my parents came, so my mum could watch Charlie while my dad took me to my car. It was completely dead still. It has been on its last legs for a while now, so I just decided to sod it and buy another. We went to the bank and withdrew some cash from my savings account (which is to enable me to stay on maternity leave longer). We then went to a few dealers, and I ended up buying a VW Golf. It's an old one (1993), but only one owner, full SH, and only 60,000 miles. I came back to the flat, and then went to the old car to wait for the AA. The AA man showed up, got in the car, turned the key, and started the engine first time! :shock: He then followed me all the way home to make sure it didn't stop again, but it was fine. So now I have 2 bloody cars and have spent money I was trying to save! :evil: I've now got the hassle of selling my old car. Arrggh!!

DH finished work early to pick Kayleigh up for me, and when she came home, she told me that she had been put on report for being late 7 times in 2 weeks! :shock: I drop her at the school gates 10 mins before school starts! She apparantly then turns round and walks to meet her mates, which then makes her late! So she is now grounded, which makes the flat seem even smaller with a grumpy teenager moping around.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that we had storms all weekend, and the Broadband and Sky have been going off and on, so I haven't even been able to come on here and have amoan to make me feel better!

I've just actually re-read this, and can't believe how trivial it now seems! :roll: I thought I was having the worse day of my life on Friday, but looking back on it, it wasn't so bad. The birth certificate and me kicking the dog were both awful, but the rest is fixable.

Sorry to moan ladies, but I do actually feel much better now! :lol:

Awww :hug: :hug:
What a shitty day. Its not trivial at all, nothings trivial when you have a month old baby.

Laurax.

That's not trivial, sounds horrendous!!!!!

I can particularly understand the TV situation as everytime there is even a slight shower the sidnal on our tv goes, pants :evil:

The dog will forgive you, that's the great thing about dogs they don't hold grudges. Buy him a bone and he'll be over the moon :wink:

sounds like such a crap day, poor you :hug:

i hate days when every thing seems to be getting worse and worse.

at least you stuck to your guns and grounded kayleigh as i no some times its easier to just let them of to make your own life easier lol

stupid car hey? i hate it when things like that happen :evil:

things will start looking up im sure :pray:

firstly we need to get the stupid council to open their eyes :twisted:
and see you need a stable secure home, then im sure things will get better from then.

i would have been gutted about the birth certificate too i was anoyied having to fould mine

Poor you :hug: Sounds like an episode of Eastenders!!!

Oh dear! - doen't sound trivial - sounds like everything went wrong at the same time for you - relentlously!

I agree with Skatty - the dog won't hold a grudge - just give him a bone.

Think the council defintiely need to get off their arses and sort somewhere bigger for you hunny - shall we arrange to have a meet at your local council office and all have a moan at them for you......I'm sure there are plenty of girls who'd be up for it!

:hug:

Emmylou said:
I agree with Skatty - the dog won't hold a grudge - just give him a bone.

The dog has forgiven me. We had lamb yesterday for sunday roast, and instead of buying a half leg between 3 of us, I bought a whole leg. There was oodles of meat for us, and absolutely loads left on the leg for the dog! :lol:

Oh, but DH has just rang me to tell me that his exhaust is blowing really bad on his car (only bought 2 weeks ago! :shock: ), and can I meet him after work at the garage with the debit card! :roll:

I'm writing these few days off. :wall:

Blimey It doesn't sound like you're having much fun at the moment :shock:

As for OH's car - Can't you sell him your old one :rotfl:

Crikey love you're having it easy are you! :hug: Hope you start getting that good luck soon :hug:

aah honey :hug: :hug: sounds just like me last tues mornig,
i was in the shower with strict instructions to DD who is 10 yrs, to watch louie in his bouncy chair while i have a shower.
anyway i'm in the shower & i can hear georgia screaming at josh (who is 4 yrs) & i fly downstairs nearly naked :rotfl: & they have just had a full on fight with josh pulling out clumps of georgias hair :shock:

all this going on aroung a sleeping louie, i went mad cried & rang up my mum & said you can take them to school, i hate them!!!! then i screamed at georgia that i hated her :shock:

neither of them had had the sense to get dressed & by this time it is 8.20 am & we leave at 8.30 am for school!.

then josh cries at school & doesnt want to go in (he started school 3 wks ago) so i walk away crying :cry:

all in all a shi* morning!!!

hope youre ok now tankett! :hug:

tankett said:
Oh, but DH has just rang me to tell me that his exhaust is blowing really bad on his car (only bought 2 weeks ago! :shock: ), and can I meet him after work at the garage with the debit card! :roll:

Phew - it's not a new exhaust. The guy we bought it from had put an Audi middle box on a Vectra, so it doesn't quite fit. It should cost £130 for a new exhaust, but DH knows the mechanics, and they have said that there is nothing wrong with the bit that's there, it's just not fitted right. So they are welding it properly for us and we're bunging them £30! :lol:

Only problem now is that with me having to go and meet DH at the garage, I've lost my parking spot in the road. :( So I could get the kids inside while it was chucking it down, I'm now parked on double yellows. Oh yes, forgot to mention that my Golf doesn't yet have tax either!!!! :roll: They had done a SORN in February so it needs taxing by me, but I can't do it until I get the insurance documents, which hopefully should arrive tomorrow. So my poor car is parked illegally and is also on the road illegally!! :wall: And there's no chance of anyone here moving one of their cars or going out tonight, so I've got to chance leaving mine where it is!

What a crap few days you have had Tankett, must have got all your bad luck out the way in one go, things will look up for you - put £1 lucky dip on th lottery, you never know.....??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back