My hobbies...a few pics!!

WILMAFLINSTONE

Reaction score
Heres a few pics of what I do as a hobby.... Hand crafted greetings cards for any occasion.
Hand crafted bespoke jewellery.
Celebration muffin and cup cakes....cant seem to upload more than 5 at a time...will try again with cards and cakes later lol xx

Attachments

• 250920091397-001.jpg
    250920091397-001.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 251120091737-001.jpg
    251120091737-001.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 271120091830-001.jpg
    271120091830-001.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 020720093930-001.jpg
    020720093930-001.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 081020091508-001.jpg
    081020091508-001.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 1
ahh Wilma, your really talented, love the tiara and the blue bracelet and the pink and white one.

I make cards too, I did start up in business online a few years ago, and stocked one sports shop, then had to go back to work full time and couldn't keep the both going. love to do it again when I have had this baby as we wil be back used to no money and we are better able to cope now, more thrifty and spend less than we used to !! love to talk cards with you, not tried jewelery yet, love to!

Wowzers u r really talented!! Business opportunity??

Ah JJ what a shame you had to give it up... I had an ebay shop and fortunately was doing really well but I had to close it just over a year ago after a pretty nasty relapse left me getting behind on orders and then I flogged myself half to death catchin up and suffered for it afterwards...lol
So Ive now got a website where I post my cards jewellery and messaging muffins and celebration cakes and Its working much better now....Im not sure if I am allowed to post my website on here?

Go ahead and chew my ear off about crafting I love it and it certainly keeps me sane and busy lol!

You should have a go at jewellery....I attempted it about 5 yrs ago and couldnt get the knack of it so I gave up, then last April I had a bad relapse which put me in bed for 3 weeks so got David to get all my jewellery stuff out again and BINGO....it all came naturally and I got hooked lol.... And I love cooking and baking etc so I started the Mouthwatering Messages Muffins and I post them anywhere in the UK with a card and message...as well as doing celebration cakes made up of all cup cakes or muffins....so its a great hobby and definately keeps me from goin insane being stuck in the house mon to fri....lol!

So fire away my lugs are ready for some craft talk!! lol xx

Thanks Princess....I do make and sell stuff on request but with having neuro disease Im not always available to 'mass produce' on demand as dexterity plays up so I potter along and make stuff as and when Im having good days and upload to my website accordingly....I do lots of craft fairs throughout the year with my jewellery, farmers fairs (muffins, chutneys, cakes, pastries etc), summer fairs takeing a selection of them all I also make sugar soap scrubs and candles) and do girlie house jewellery partys as well as making celebration cakes all made up from home made muffins and cup cakes etc so lots of people know about me now and order accordingly.

I regularly make cards etc for friends and family which keeps me busy and I make xmas cards all year round as I make them for charity too so I usually need about 200 by christmas on top of making all my cards for my family and friends....so its a busy hobby lol....

My hubby loves me doing them as I apparenlty leave him alone but Im trying to get him and his gaming PC out of my craft room as with doing everything I do, my work and storage space is expanding and hes taking up a whole corner of my room...ha ha lol may just move all his stuff into the other spare room one day and lock myself in here lol!!

But no I do love crafting and cooking and as my days get better I hope one day soon if my health allows I will open my Tea Room. I used to have a small catering business back in 98 and was doing well with it but took time out to care for my Mam who was terminally ill and decided to wrap it up couple of years after she died....so tea room is on the agenda hopefully within the next 5 years...baby permitting etc etc etc! Fingers crossed ehh xx

Blimey you have been busy! I always wanted to take more of a risk and try it fulltime to give me a fair shot. I used to be called Requestcards and have a website but this would take me too long to make one card to the customers special request, as I have the perfectionist bug!!

The Customer would be well pleased, but I would not really make any money after the time I'd spent, and my family never got any home crafted cards as I was too busy making them for the shop!

I will have to try to post some pictures here, if I have any left somewhere
I had a workspace in my bedroom which really worked, everything organised into colours etc, production line stlye and now I have to go find some bits and use the dining room table, so it switched me off for a bit. I like to see what I have an be inspired! New years resolution was to get back to it, workspace or not, as it makes me feel happy making stuff.

I don't think ou c an put up your websites here, but love you to email them to me via private message Wilma.

Princess 81 , are you a crafter or would be crafter too? it's like therapy!

Yeah its a big step and a very scary one too....my little brother who is also a chef is wanting me to go into business with him in either the restaurant or pub and food thing! Ive got my heart set on a tea room tho...so will see what the future brings etc etc....Hopefully I will end up a stay at home Mam for a while yet all being well with this BD carry on lol!! Yeah I will message you with my website address...its all on one site atm but I think it looks a little 'untidy' so Im busy renovating it lol as not quite sure all three hobbies should be on one website.... Got a jewellery party on sat night so been pottering making a few new peices....I would love to see some of your work too...and yes I know what you mean about personalised cards...you never get your time paid for do you....its fun making them tho....god I cant wait to swap crafting tips and talk as poor david gets me asking him all the time....what does this look like etc...ha! I run a craft class once a week and I also attend another one at my local family owned craft shop so Ive always got and give new techniques and ideas...I never knew I would become so addicted to it....lol!! Ok I will contain my excitement for now and look forward to talking crafting with you soon!! Will messafe you now too xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back