my guts! Sorry TMI, dont read over dinner!!

titch

Reaction score
So basically since Sunday lunchtime I have had quite severe diarrhea. When I say its severe, it is literally just liquid. I went 4 times yesterday and 3 already today. Im trying to drink loads of water to make sure I stay hydrated, but its strange cos I dont feel any other symptoms, and I can eat fine cos I dont feel sick in my stomach.

So I was wondering if anyone else had this in pregnancy and if you think I should call my GP out of hours, Im starting to worry my baby might be at risk, or is it just one of those things?

I'm sure if you go so many times a day your supposed to ring the doc. If your feeling ok in general and drinking plenty, i would just keep an eye on things and see how you go. Do you think you could have eaten something dodgey? xx

i dont know hun but i didnt want to read and run maybe you have a tummy bug?

Do you think you could have eaten something dodgey? xx

I dont think so, cant think of anything. we had steak on saturday night and mine was cooked right through so it wasnt even pink in the middle. :roll: was bought that day from butcher too so wasnt out of date. Ill try and rack my brains...

I think if you've had bad diarrhoea like that for that long you should definitely ring the docs you don't want to get dehydrated!

I just rang nhs direct, a nurse is gonna ring me back in an hour. Hopefully its nothing to worry about. thanks for your advice ladies!

hope you get good sound advice off the direct nusr x x

yeah me too, I know they havent got the best reputation but cos I feel alright in myself and Ive not got abdominal pain or bleeding Im not really wanting to make a big fuss, Ive gotta get up early for work in the morning! At least by rining them Ill set my mind at rest that I've 'reported' my symptoms.

You're probably ok, but it's always better to safe than sorry! Good luck xx

yes you have done the right thin prob just nothing to worry about but its always best to ask x

hi, hope you're feeling better soon hun x

hope you have been rang and are much happier and at ease :) hope the dioregh (sp) runny poo lol stops soon x x x x x

Thanks for your replies girls, she rang back really late, I took the phone to bed with me and me & OH tried to stay awake ;) well the phone rang the second OH turned the light off, typical!
She said that I prob have picked up a bug and it wont affect my baby, but ihave to be careful not to get dehydrated. If my urine is still dark after drinking loads of water I should ring my gp urgently cos dehydration is bad for baby but otherwise she told me to wash my hands....er...thanks. You have to get a degree to give this advice! I slept well anyway knowing I wasnt harming my baby :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back