My friend's amazing birth yesterday!

LucyBee

Reaction score
My friend Karen came over on Sunday to pick up my baby car seat, moses basket and other stuff she's borrowing. She is 38 weeks pregnant.

Yesterday morning I realised she'd left something here so I called her at 10am and she answered the phone all huffing and puffing! She said her contractions were 8 minutes apart.

I called her at 2pm but she didn't answer.

Turns out that she'd gone to the loo and felt a pressure down below so had felt it and burst her own waters. She called to Rob, her husband, to tell him they should go to hospital.

By the time they'd got in the car, she was pulling down her trousers and shouting 'he's coming! he's coming!'.

They got to the hospital and Rob dropped her at the door where she shouted 'Help me! I'm having my baby!'. A midwife rushed out and put her in a wheelchair and was shouting 'Don't push! Don't push!'. They got Karen in to a delivery suite, put her on the bed, and four pushes later the baby arrived!

Rob missed the whole thing as he was parking the car!!!!

And then, at 8.30pm last night there was a knock at the door and the three of them were standing on our doormat with their beautiful baby boy at only 3 and a half hours old!!

Couldn't believe it! Karen looks so well, Rob was beaming and the baby was sleeping and sooooooooooo tiny and sweet!

Amazing day!
Lx

wowee :shock: thats a crazy birth story!!

it all happened so quickly eh! poor OH, bet he was gutted, what a shame. congrats on their baby boy!! :cheer: xxxxx

wow!!! sounds like she almost had him in the car!!! What did they call him?

Well done your friend :D it's the best way.

I sounds exactly :D like the same as i was when I had Sam he should have been born in the car! I ended up being in the delivery suite for 6 mins before he was born.

Awwwwwwwwwww how amazing!! Her poor OH though missing it :(

Wow
thats sounds abit like me when i had my third

congrats to your friend :cheer:

Congrats to your friend, that must have been lovely to have them all visiting you.

wow what a great birth story, and she got out very quick, im sure u where shocked to see them all arrive at ur door :)

:shock: that actually sounds very scary - bit fast!! was it her first baby?

lovely story though x

It was her second baby. Bit fast for me too! I'd have thought she'd be in shock but she seemed so together and relaxed!
They don't have a name for him yet but he's the sweetest little bundle!
Lx

aww, thats such a sweet story! congrats to them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back