Bloody kids bidding On Ebay..Grrrrr!!!

skairdykat

Reaction score
We put our car up for sale on Ebay last week. The auction finished on Thursday so Rob sent the winning bidder an invoice. Friday morn and still no contact so Rob rang the number that was with the buyers address. A woman answered so he explained he was ringing to see whe this 'Tony' was picking up the car and could he pay a 10% deposit through paypal. She hadn't a clue what he was on about and that Tony was at college on a course/ A bit later this Tony emailed through Ebay to say he wanted to retract his bids as he was only 16 and hadn't even passed his test!!!! WTF?!?!
Why bid on it then?!
Rob rang Ebay and we now have to wait a 14days and report it as an unpaid item to claim back the final value fee. We can't get the listing fees back though :roll:
So we had to pay again to re-list it. Luckily a guy rang and came to see it last night and gave us £1000 for it which was more than the kid had bid anyway lol.

what a pain!!

Still - at least there is a happy ending.

I've just turned 16 and I've been on eBay since I was 15. I've never bidded for something I didn't want, and I only have positive feedback, some adults are bad ebayers then there's me who's 16 and an apparently good and recommended ebayer.

Apologies if my post sounds rude, I can understand why it frustrated you, but I just wanted to point out that not all kids do the old bid and retract trick. :)

Oh I know that. I was just saying that we were annoyed at this particular one. Not saying all 16 yr olds are like that.

Why do people sometimes end up having to explain what they write in their posts on here at the minute for fear of insulting someone? I wasn't stereotyping all teenagers just giving our experience of one paricular one. I wasn't having a go at teenagers, we would still have been pissed off if it was a 40yr old bidding with no intention of buying.

Just seems that lately you can't say owt on here without someone getting defensive...

what a pain in the ass!!! glad u got it sold tho, still could have done without the aggro!!

skairdykat said:
Oh I know that. I was just saying that we were annoyed at this particular one. Not saying all 16 yr olds are like that.

Why do people sometimes end up having to explain what they write in their posts on here at the minute for fear of insulting someone? I wasn't stereotyping all teenagers just giving our experience of one paricular one. I wasn't having a go at teenagers, we would still have been p*ssed off if it was a 40yr old bidding with no intention of buying.

Just seems that lately you can't say owt on here without someone getting defensive...

I wasn't getting defensive and I'm not insulted in the slightest, it was light hearted that's why I put the little bit at the bottom and apologised if it sounded rude and then put a smile on the end of it. I've seen people be a lot nastier on here and give people a really hard time, it was a bit tongue in cheek really.

It was just the title of the thread I was really referring to, not necessarily your post about the lad.

I'm sorry you've taken it the wrong way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back