My dog is poorly :(

xJodieLoux

Reaction score
I'm feeling abit sad today because my 13 year old labrador is ill. Yesterday she was sick a couple of times and was off her food, today she is not interested in anything, she did eat but usually if I speak to her she wags and comes over wanting to be stroked, infact you don't have to speak to her just look at her and she wag's away. Today when I talk to her she doesn't wag at all, she seem's so sad. She is an old dog and she has some minor problems like dribbling wee sometimes and sometimes her back end collapses, she doesn't mind at all though and never seemed in any pain or anything, we would never let her suffer. She's just not herself today, I'm thinking this could be the end for her :cry:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Maybe a visit to the vet is needed, just to check there are no underlying problems. Might be nothing, just a virus or bug that will pass. She sounds ok, but if she is not herself I'd get it checked out at this point, rather than letting it go on. Not eating and being quiet are things I would get checked out in an older dog after 24 hours. It might be something simple the vet can treat so please try not to feel too down about things. I know when they get older there is always the worry that each illness is the end, but we have to do right by them. Often we bring them home again and they pick up :)

Sometimes old age catches up with them. If her back end starts to give out on her she would appear to be failing somewhere.

I lost my old dog couple of months aged 14, going on 15, it was quite sudden and up till the last few weeks of his life he was sprightly and running round. In the space of 3 days at the end however, it was enough to tell me I had to make the call and ask the vet to visit. I'm a great believer in sooner rather than later with old dogs. Keeping them going for our sakes is not something I can do, as much as it hurts. He died peacefully in my arms on the sofa here at home. I cried for a week and was still sobbing 3 weeks later, but I'm doing ok now, though he is much missed. I had all the thoughts you are having right now, so I do understand :hug: :hug: :hug:

Ah bless her, i agree a trip to the vets is needed, you never know she might just have a little virus and need some antibiotics,

Its heart breaking to see them like that isnt it, i know my lab is poorly when she goes off her food as its just unheard of usually!

She will tell you when she has had enough, if shes still got a wag in her tail, even if its a flicker then i am sure she wil fight to stay around.

Fingers crossed its just a bug hun

:hug: :hug: :hug:

My mum is coming home from work early to take her to the vets. Like I said, there is no way we'd let her suffer. If it is something she is not going to recover from we will have her put to sleep, it's a hard thing to do but it's the best thing for her. She's had a good long life, we've had her since she was born, we bread her from her mother who died about 7 years ago. We've got 2 other dogs aswell, this time last year we had 4 dogs but had one put down because she was nasty, we loved her to bits though and it was so hard to have a healthy young dog put to sleep.

I really hope she's going to ok but if not at least I will able to think she had a happy life and didn't suffer at all.

hi, i just wondered how your dog got on at the vets? i hope it wasn't bad news and he is feeling better today :hug:

we lost our family dog 2 years ago and it was the hardest thing, he was really ill and we didnt want to see him suffer he kept bouncing back time and time again just when we thought we had lost him he made a great recovery, but the last time nothing seemed to help him me and my dad had to give him pain killer injections and steroids twice a day and the vet would come and do his bloods every other day but after a week of this we thought it would be kinder if we let him go :( so the vet came to the house and put him to sleep, i still cry sometimes thinking about it, probabally like most people who have had their pets for a long time he was like a child in our family. sorry :oops: i have went on a bit here :oops:

:hug:

Hope your dog is Ok.

I had to have my dog put down last year he was 15 but had been poorly for ages. It still upsets me now to think about it but it was really not nice to see him suffering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back