My DH

mistyblue

Reaction score
Hi all,

In all of this, my DH has been wonderful, but I don't think he is coping very well. How do I help him? x x x

Hi Misty

Not sure I can be much help but I think he may just need time. I have found with my DH that he has just tried to be strong for me and hasn't shown much emotion but as the days are passing he has started to talk about Leo off his own back without me bringing it up.

Men deal with things differently, just let him know that you are there for him and that you know he is hurting too.

xx

I convinced my dh to have some counselling after I had some and found it really helpful after our 4th mc. We've agreed that the reason it was so helpful to do it like that was if either of us had known exactly how bad thenother one was hurting, we'd never have tried again. I'm 30 weeks now with pg #5 now. Men take some convincing on this front though...

Thank you both. I will keep talking to him. I have asked him if he feels he would benefit from talking to someone; he isn't sure so I have left it with him. I don't want to pressure him. Just feel so guilty that I can't help him more and that he is hurting like this. I know the mc wasn't my fault, but I just feel guilty for giving him good news that he was going to be a dad and then that being taken away :-( x x

I really wrestled with the guilt thing, felt terrible that I couldn't hold on to my hubby's baby. He's been desperate to have his own child. Me, I think I could live quite happily adopting, but not him.

He wasn't ready to do the counselling thing for a while, I did mine about a month after the last loss, it took him about 3 months to come round after that, and I was pg again. I think he was struggling with the stress of tri1 which tipped him into it thank god.

The thing I have been told by so many people is that if you can bear the losses, most ladies with RMC do get their rainbow baby. You just need to keep strong enough to keep trying. Use whatever means this takes and don't give up.

Thanks fliss. We're hoping for some good news soon. So much bad stuff just happened all at once x x

Through our losses my oh felt like he had to be my rock, had to be strong, etc.
Just take time to hug him and appreciate him. Let him know he can talk to you, that's its ok of he gets upset or if talking about everything upsets you.
I just asked oh and he said cuddles and knowing that its ok to talk about it xx

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back