• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My daughter the feeding machine! Quick question..

hellywelly

Reaction score
Evie is getting a mix of expressed breask milk and formula after our difficulties with breast feeding. Just wondered at around what days they get a growth spurt?? Up to now I've pretty much been able to satisfy her on my milk alone but today she has gone crazy on food and I can't keep up!! lol. I figured if she was breast fed she would eat til she was full so I just keep giving it to her until she stops, and she hasn't been sick so I figured this wasn't a problem? Just wanted some reassurance??

No problem at all if she isn't sick; whenever Vince had too much he projectile vomited a mile away! You'll know if she has too much :hug:

I think they say growth spurts are at 3 weeks, 6 weeks, 3 months and 6 months. Breast fed babies do sometimes feed and feed - they digest milk easily and so get hungry often. They also like to suckle to be close to Mum, so I'm sure what you're doing is just fine
x

Thank you ladies!! She is only 12 days old but I have heard if they were slow feeders to start with they sometimes do this about now as a bit of a catch up. OH was joking earlier that if she's like this now our food bills will be bloody enormous by the time she's a teenager!!

At just 12 days old , she will be going for it bigtime! Well done for keeping up, hang in there X

Also babies drink more expressed than they would from the breast.

Also babies drink more expressed than they would from the breast.

Very true, I was confused the other day as G seems to drink loads of expressed stuff when I'm out, and I was worried she was getting over fed. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back