My bump keeps dissapearing :S

x.Lilly.x

Reaction score
When I stand up I have a normal looking 23 week bump.
But when I lay down or sit down and slouch back a bit you cant notice it hardly at all, just looks flabby and not really round like it does when I stand up.
Is there a reason for it disapearing when I lay down and sit down.
Also when I get up in the morning its so much smaller than it is than by the end of the day, maybe like half the size.
Is there a reason for this and i hope im not the only one it happens too lol
Thanks, Lilly x

Last edited:
Mine used to do that when I lay down too - not towards the end when I was huge though :lol: I think before baby gets really big and you've got lots of fluid everything just moves around more easily and flattens out a bit. Not sure about first thing in the morning though, but I'm sure it's perfectly normal! x

Mine did the same, even now at 36 weeks my belly goes down a bit. It's almost like baby just dissapears deeper inside. Don't worry :) it's normal xx

Well flat on your back , then baby and uterus can hide within you current body shell if you like, but standing up gravity helps and baby can show more.

Also by the end of the day,I'm far bigger too. After dinner i'm much bigger. I guess baby is again encroching on the stomach, and

I have this but find it funny too lol bump gets bigger as the days goes on lol

Same for me too. I'm smaller in the morning and grow during the day until I look like a proper Mr Greedy by the end of the day.

I have actually measured my bump when I first get up and then last thing at night and there is only a difference of about an inch.

when i lie down and look down at my bump it looks so much bigger

Mine does that too. I love my morning lying down bump though, it's cute!

I literally cant see a bump at all when I lie down but when I stand up Its so much bigger, proper wierd.
Thought id show pics just to proove im not going barking mad haha

226.jpg
2262.jpg

Last edited:
i would say mine is exactly the same as yours!! judging by your piccies! i dont worry too much, just think its hiding! lol x

Wow, that is a difference!

Mine grows quite a bit during the day too, and when I sit down i just look like I have the flab I had before :( !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back