My buba again

leanne1b

Reaction score
Hi all,
Same old with Cian, re breathing issues, non-blanching rashes. He has his appointment with the paediatric haemotologist tomorrow, wish us luck! Being a haemotologist, I assume they will want blood, but my bf has taken the day off to come so at least I won't have to pin him down this time.

Anyway, so he's has this cough for about ...6/7 weeks, sounds v phlegmy/chesty. He still randomly gets v breathless/mouth goes blue/wheezes etc. I took him to the doc today. I feel awful. He has a chest infection, and quite a bad one ! I didnt think he did because he has no temp! I thought u always get a temp with infections?!
Also, shes pretty sure hes asthmatic, and has taken him off salbutamol, given him another reliever, and put him on the steroid inhaler for the time being. I have to bring him back to her on friday and take him to hospital if he gets any worse for a nebuliser. She said that even though tomorrow is a haematologist, they are still paediatrics, so explain all of this to them because they can do tests about this too. She said they should do x rays and check for things like cystic fibrosis, which scared the bejesus out of me.

I just feel so bad for my little boy. It all kicked off with his first virus (the meningitis scare one) - he was 3 months. Hes now 11 months, and its been constant in between! Its just never ending and Im wrecked from it all x

Oh hun :hug: poor little man. Hopefully you will get some answers tomorrow. And don't feel bad about not taking him to the GP sooner, I would be the same as you, at least he's being treated now x

Poor little man hope he gets on ok tomorrow and you get some answers :hugs: xx

:hug: I hope the appointment goes well, it would be nice for you to get some answers so you can be proactive about getting him the right treatment. It must be awfull seeing your baby so poorly :(

Thanks ladies. Just hoping they are nice and do something. Anything! X

:hugs: hope they get to the route of everything for you hun xx

aw poor thing, what an ordeal for you both. Hope you get some answers and feel positive after the appointment. Hope the chest infection improves quickly! xx

Aw Leanne, sorry to hear that your LO is still struggling. Really hope you've gotten some answers today, or at least someone that will be able to determine what's going on with your little man.

xxxxxx

Oh, poor Cian :(. How did you get on? Xx

Hi all. It was okay... nt great. Didnt leve feelin any better than wen we went in! Lol.
Cheat infection wise... Well he didn't have a temp at all with this, bit his breathing sounds the same so I have no idea if it's getting better or not, but we hav To go back to the gp on Friday to see how his chest is. She wanted the hosp yesterday to do some tests for his cheat, but they didn't, so I think she might refer him on for that too.
Yesterday... She said she thought it was dry skin and to use a cream... That we already have. We said we weren't happy with this... Because his skin isn't dry lol. Also the rash is under his skin, not on it if that makes sense. She called in another doc, that doc said, well do the blood work. His doctor said, but the other hospital did them (at which point my oh reminded her that they only did the basics, 5 months ago!)
So they did quite a few bloods , and we go back in 8 weeks.
So.... Not really feeling any better! At least we know they are doing bloods f that makes sense? If they all come back normal, then at least we know, rather than us just trying to guess? X

:hug: it must be so frustrating not getting answers. I hope the results come back and its something really simple that they can sort out for him.

Sounds like they're still messing you about! At least it sounds like you've got your GPs support now though. Surely if he has a non blanching rash then a cream won't fix it :wall2:

Lol inky. Tell me about it! Just getting so frustrated with it all! He's now had it 8 or 9 times since the beginning of February x

Just thought I'd give an update.
So we go bak to haematology in about 4 weeks now I think?
We saw the GP that Friday. She still wasn't happy. She listened to his chest, said infection gone, he's all clear. Aske if he'd still been wheezing, we said yeah. We had to carry on with steroids for another week and then go see her again. we did. When we went back she listened again and said it was wheezy/phlegmy. So he was referred to a dif hospital because it's getting ridiculous.
She must have put a rush on it because that was 2 weeks ago and his appointment is on Wednesday. I think She took pity on me lol.
Just to add to his woes, he caught chicken pox off his sister last Monday. Luckily it's on the way out now and looks like e might be completely scabbed by today. I was so scared he'd be ill on his birthday!
He had to be checked at hosp on Friday for complications as his Chest got quite bad, even by his standards. But they think unrelated to pox. Also had to go walk in centre Sunday. Now on antibiotics for ear infection.
Felt so sorry for him, he had/has approx 1000 spots. Looked so painful!!
On the mend now tho.. Hopefully will all be sorted between the te hosps soon
Xx

Oh, poor baby! Are they definitely thinking he has asthma now? I hope the Haematology unit can shed some light too, so glad you've been referred to a different hospital, it's taken the first one months to do nothing really hasn't it.... :hugs: to you both as always xxx

Poor boy!! My son has asthma and took me countless visits to the doctors and numerous chest infections before my doctor did anything, so thank goodness you have a very supportive doctor who is helping to move things forward for you.

Good luck on Wednesday

I think so inky. The doc wants to know for definate, so they know how to treat I guess? But also she WANs to get the kind of stuff like cystic fibrosis and all that crossed off. Just to be safe.
And yeah, she's actually the locum at te surgery, but Shes really lovely. Sea one of those doctors who doesn't make you feel stupid for being there, and let's you know you've done te right thing but getting them checked out. Which by now I kind of need, because even when I know he's bad, I hate taking him. It feels like were always at the doctors. I hate it
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back