My boy's names...

titch

Reaction score
... So Im struggling to find a name I really love so Ive written out a long list of names to see what they would look like written out. Would really appreciate peoples opinions, any stand out, sound more like sports players, singers, revolutionaries that kind of thing ;)

Ioan John lewis
Dylan John Lewis
Morgan John Lewis
Gethin John Lewis
Tomos John Lewis
Rhys John Lewis
Llewellyn John Lewis
Owain John Lewis
Lloyd John Lewis
Aneurin John Lewis
Martyn John Lewis

i like morgan and dylan, although thats prob i dont know how 2 say sum of them lol

Ioan means John in Welsh I think. I like Morgan.

All are nice but I haven't got a favourite (sorry!) What about Evan?

I like rhys and martn nice spellings too x

i like gethin and rhys :) i love gwion (sp?) as well, its a right cute name!!

I am loving Llewellyn John Lewis!

I have a Rhys myself, and it was unusal in 1999 and then he has about 3 others in his class alone , and no -one ever spells it correctly as Rhys, but they use Reece, which is silly for a Rhys Jones!

Ioan means John in Welsh I think. I like Morgan.

Its bulgarian aswel aparently! I think John comes from Ioan, or the other way round, but does anyone know what John actually means?

I am loving Llewellyn John Lewis!

I have a Rhys myself, and it was unusal in 1999 and then he has about 3 others in his class alone , and no -one ever spells it correctly as Rhys, but they use Reece, which is silly for a Rhys Jones!

I love that one too, its my grandmothers maiden name and my Dads middle name AND the name of the street where we live :) I really worry about the LO having to constantly teach people how to say his name outside of wales. I shudder when I hear people say luhwelin. And we'd end up calling him Llew, which I really like but I think it might be beyond a lot of my English friends from uni :wall2:and I dont like Lou. :roll:

If only the rest of the world could learn to talk properly this would be so much easier! :rofl: ;)

i <3 Rhys (obviously!)

Our Rhys name is John-Rhys Jones but we call him Rhys!

Spooky another Rhys Jones! I have a small group of 4 mums that we meet up and the kids get on, and three of the 4 familys are Jones! and one of them also has a Rhys Jones!

Did you find it really strange when that poor little Rhys Jones was on the news lat year. (the one that had been killed), it was awful to see the same name as your childs on the tely for something as awful as that). That poor family.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back