My boy doesnt love me :(

Flame

Reaction score
Its not fare, my son doesnt give me big smiles and get excited when he hasnt seen me all day like he does his dad, nanna, grandad, grandpa, grandma and uncle :cry:

Today i walked in and he just looks at me, then when my mum passes him to me he wants to go back to my mum or anyone else who walks through the door.

What have i done wrong? :cry: :cry:

Awww, give it time. You have always been there most of the time so he is taking you for granted. The others he doesnt see all the time but he knows that you are his mum. It also shows he is very happy and comfortable.

It doesnt mean he doesnt love you and as he grows older you will see a confident wee boy that loves you very much.

My wee girl was like that and now is very cuddly but not at leifs age.

just wanted to give you some hugs hun emmas the same when iv been away and i think it is because they are used to us :)

:hug: :hug:

oh hun he does love you i am sure.....its probably just because you are there all the time like the other posts have said....

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
You've not done anything wrong he's just very happy and secure that you'll always be there, so he's getting the most out of others he may wonder when he'll see again :hug:

lauramumof2 said:
Awww, give it time. You have always been there most of the time so he is taking you for granted. The others he doesnt see all the time but he knows that you are his mum. It also shows he is very happy and comfortable.

It doesnt mean he doesnt love you and as he grows older you will see a confident wee boy that loves you very much.

My wee girl was like that and now is very cuddly but not at leifs age.

I agree with that,it's cause he knows your there for him,the others are more a novelty-of course he loves you!! :D :hug: :hug:

Aww i hope you all right cause it was really starting to get to me.

Thank you :)

Of course he loves you, like the others have said, he is secure and is confident that you will always be there. I feel the same about Jake sometimes too :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug:

i'm very sure he does love you.. don't take it personal

Yes, it just means he knows you'll be there. Also young babies/toddlers have difficulties understanding that they are separate from other people- I definitely think that for a while he didn't see me as a person but as part of him in a way although I know that sounds strange. It's also why I sometimes get hit instead of the floor during a tantrum (putting a stop to that is fun!), and why our moods affect each other so much. If I am away from him for a while or withdrawn (like when I've been ill and my OH or parents have stepped in) he's fine while they're there but once I'm better I get a kind of anger backlash at not having been central which is interesting (only lasts a few hours but my Mum and Nan said they had noticed it with their kids too)

Now my son in just over 2 he's exerting his independence, I only work one morning a week so the rest of the time it's him and me pretty much all the time as my OH works long hours but he loves talking to other people. My friend who looks after him for me on a Friday turned up this morning and they were chatting in the front room and I went in and sat down on the sofa opposite and he ran over and said "No mummy, go out the door, Mel talking to Christine!" Way to feel wanted eh? Mind you I totally know how he feels as I like to have a chat to someone without him around too sometimes as much as I love him to pieces! I just feel proud that he knows that I'm not going to abandon him and that he's confident enough to want to hold his own conversations!

+++

Mine doesn't either :rotfl: He's a right old grouch around me!
Actually we seem to have cracked the smiling thing this week :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back