My Birth Story of Little Alfie - VBAC and induction

lyndsey_28

Reaction score
My labour story of my induction after a previous c-section, and a previous vontouse delivery

Little Baby Alfie, Born 4th May 2012 on his DD, weighing 7lb 6.5oz, at 20:12 :) xx

7:30 am phoned the labour ward to see if a bed was available for me to be induced ad was told to go in at 10:30

10:30 am arrived on delivery suite and was shown to a ward with 4 beds were people are either in early stages of labour or their induction. Had a discussion about why I was being induced etc.!! BP, pulse and temp taken and put one the monitor to check baby was ok

11:15 was taken off the monitor as all was fine with baby, was told they were

waiting for a doctor to make a decision on what method of induction was too be used as I’m a VBAC person

12:30 still no signs of finding out what was happening as doctor was in theatre dealing with an emergency so I had to wait

14:00 I finally got the go ahead of doctor for 24 hr pessary as it can be taken away if it becomes too much for me to cope with having had a previous C-section

14:15 pessary was inserted and had to lie on the bed for 30 mins before I could move about and walk around the hospital as long as I’m back for 16:15 to be monitored, so at 2:45 I go down to the coffee shop in the hospital to see my mom and OH as popped back home to check kids are ok!!

16:00 I started to feel uncomfortable and had some achy pains in my back and went back to ward to await monitoring, to which I waited and waited and by then the pains in my back were heating up a little!! When she finally come back to monitor me the pains were more intense an I was rather uncomfortable lying on the bed being monitored, monitoring showed I was have very regular contractions although not strong enough to determine anything!!

17:15 midwife came back to check trace and wasn’t happy with baby heartbeat so I to stay on monitor for longer but lying on my side, this then failed to pick up the contractions I was having!! I started to feel really sick at this point to me it meant I was progressing further as my two previous labours I was quite sickly, I did eventually throw up loads and the mw hated me for it but I don’t care lol

17:45 Mw now happy with baby heartbeat but suggested that I was not in labour as I was coping far too well with the pain to be in labour!! So suggested I go for a walk or have a bath, so I went for a walk around the hospital but the contractions were getting stronger! So went back to my room and I could sit, lie or stand without being uncomfortable or in pain!! OH was a saint though rubbing my back and doing everything I needed J. I decided to go in the bath to see if that would ease up the pain so OH fetched some towels and ran my bath and helped me in, the water eased my pain at first but not for long so decided to get out!!

Out of the bath I decided to eat an apple as I felt the need to focus on summat else other than the pain!! But this seems really random now lol J

19:15 I tell OH I can no longer cope with pain and he needed to something about it, so he buzzed the MW. One came to ask who was looking after me so she could send her in although she never came she sent a lovely mw called heather instead who asked if I thought I was in labour, I replied yes but that stupid cow of a mw thinks I’m coping far too well for it to be the real thing!! She asked what I thought and OH said that id coped well during my last labour without pain relief so it could be possible!! So decided to examine me!!

19:25 I was now 4cm dilated so could be transferred to a delivery room!! So off she went to get me a wheelchair, she starts wheeling me to my room but in the few mins it had taken to get wheelchair someone else had taken it and all the rooms were full apart from one which was being used by the mw to do their paperwork!!

So off we go into the room and everyone is moving all the stuff out the way and getting all the necessary packs out!!

Put me on the bed on monitor and mw starts her paperwork and sorting the packs out the whole time I’m red hot and sweating like a pig I ask for a fan they are all taken, they open the windows still not good enough my room led to a little garden so they opened the doors to try n cool me down!! Contractions are intensifying so I ask for pain relief as gas an air is making me light headed and feel like I’m gonna pass out!!

19:50 pethadine had been injected and I couldn’t wait for it to quick OH pops outside into the garden to ring the mil and let her know what’s happening as she has the kids, he is still outside at 20:00 when my waters brake (weird sensation) immediately I have the urge to push and start to do so regardless of not being told to!!

MW is still trying to sort out all the packs and insert a drip of some kind as its needed as I have a previous section in my history, she looks at me and says you can’t control that urge to push can you, my reply was no!! she starts fannying around trying to get gloves an apron on etc. shouts OH to hit the button for another mw to come and assist who races in my mw just gets her apron on as my little baby makes his appearance into the world!! No head first then shoulders and body, this baby wanted out and he shot out in one go

20:12 My Little Baby Boy Alfie was born on the 4th may 2012 weighing 7lb 6.5 J with lots of hair and absolutely gorgeous J xxxxxx

No stiches needed everything was just perfect and very quick, and I’m proud to say I am a perfect example of an induction after previous C-section xx

here is my little boy the first 3 he is less than 24 hrs old and pic 4 is 4 day old xxx

Attachments

• 2012-05-05 09.34.55.jpg
    2012-05-05 09.34.55.jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 2012-05-05 09.47.03.jpg
    2012-05-05 09.47.03.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 2012-05-07 10.52.14.jpg
    2012-05-07 10.52.14.jpg
    427.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 2012-05-08 13.51.07.jpg
    2012-05-08 13.51.07.jpg
    507.5 KB · Views: 40
what an amazing story. You must have felt so lucky to have him in your arms less then a second that little man wanted mummy lol x congratulations to you and your OH aswell as jake n harry x

wow hes so cute and look at all that hair! you did so well hun x

He really is beautiful honey, well done to you and the rest of your little family :) xxxx

He's gorgeous!! Massive congratulations xx

Congratulations hun, you did amazing and your little boy is gorgeous :love:

Amazing! Loved reading that, you did amazingly well :love: And now you have a gorgeous little boy to put the amazingly shiny big cherry on top of your proudness :D

congrats hunni he is beautiful, and i am happy to hear you had baby without need of a c-section proud of you for that x x x

Awww :D... What a lovely story... Congratulations he is gorgeous :D xxx

Congrats hun what a gorgeous baby!! It's so good to hear a VBAC story too, I was dreading my next pregnancy would end in another c-section but this has given me some hope, thanks for sharing xx

How long ago did you have your section hun x congratulations he is gorgeous x

34 weeks pregnant. Team blue!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back