My baby's not well

maybebaby

Reaction score
I think it's just a cold but he's so tiny and I don't know what I can give him? He's got a blocked nose and keeps sneezing, and his breathing's really raspy. He's having trouble feeding, not sure if it's because he's lost his appetite or can't breathe when he's on the boob.

Can I give him anything or is he still too little? I'm worried because he's not feeding much.

hes still too little hun, but you can tilt his cot/moses basket up, put damp towels over hot radiators and close doors to make steam as it will help clear up his nnose, i would say if he isnt feeding well and as it is the weekend take him to your local hosp doctor to see him if your concerned. there isnt much you can do when they are so little hun, also if he is ok with being lay on his front on your knee lay him across your lap and pat behind his lungs gently it will help loosen any mucus. poor baby, bless his heart i hope he gets better soon. :hug:

hi hun you can buy a little suction thing from the chemist to clear his nose and help him breath and i think you can use a vaporizer

awww bless him, Louie had a cold at 5 weeks old & it was awful.
all i could use were saline drops in his nose, which for us didn't do anything, i think babies have to be 4 wks before you can use these though.

maybe if he gets any worse you should take him to the docs/NHS direct & see what they suggest?

sorry i haven't been much help, i hope he gets better superfast. :hug: :hug: :pray:

Thanks, he seems to be a bit better now. He had a fairly good feed earlier and I'm just keeping an eye on him. We sat in the bathroom with the shower on for a while and I think the steam did him some good. I just feel so helpless. I want to make him better :cry:

go and see you doc..

ellouise had a blocked nose early on and was prescribed nasal drops

but on the packet it did say from newbon.

just check wit ur doc..

I don't think there is much you can do when your baby is under 3 months. You could try steaming the bathroom up and taking Austin in there to clear his nose. You could also raise the matress a little bit in his moses basket so that he is not sleeping flat. I have got a Karvol plug in and vapour rub but you can't use it until baby is 3 months. I was told that you only need to see the doctor for a cold if they stop feeding but obviously trust your instincts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back