Viral Infection

bubble_dreamer

Reaction score
Bethany started projectile vomiting yesterday afternoon to start with it was like milk that looked curdled i wasnt to worried to start with as she seemed to perk up a bit after she had been sick the first time she then started being sick every 15mins and it turned from the milky colour to bright yellow :shock: my doctors was closed so i took her straight to a&e.

took 10mins for a doctor to see her and he checked her over and he said that he thought it might have been a viral infection but wanted to check her urine first to make sure it wasnt a urine infection.
Baring in mind she wasnt drinking or eating and everything she was swallowing she was bringing staright back up she had nothing inside her to wee. I then sat there for 4 hours while they waited for her to wee in this little bag inside her nappy, when she hadnt after 4 hours they said it doesnt matter its probably not that anyway we just wanted to rule it out :x Told me just to keep giving her calpol for the next few days.

got her home gave her some more calpol which she managed to keep down and she seemed to perk up a little bit she only woke once during the night but then was up again at 5am being sick. I havent given her any milk just colled boiled sugar water. gave her some more calpol about an hour ago which again she threw back up. she is asleep now and has been for the past 20mins but she really doesnt look well and i dont know what to do :?

any ideas anyone?

I'd either go to the Dr's or a&e if you have any concerns. hope Bethany is ok x

my doctors are just a waste of time and will just put her on antibiotics without checking her over :x im now sitting here in tears panicking that she is going to dehydrate :cry: gonna wait til she wakes up and see if she will drink anything and if not il be taking her back to a&e and i wont be leaving til i have some proper answers.

i dont see why it should take my daughter to become dehydrated before they take me seriously :?

If you see your Dr and your are not happy with the diagnosis I would ask either for a second opinion or that they examine her properl;y. Phone NHS direct, they will probably tell you to see your Dr or to go to a&e but they maight have advice for you, to stop Bethany getting dehydrated. My gut instinct is to go to a&e and not move til they have helped your daughter.

thanks beanie she has been awake about 10mins and she has drank about 3 ounces of cooled boiled sugar water so im gonna hang on a bit and see if she keeps it down if she doesnt im takin her back to a&e my doctors closes at 10 til this evening anyway

Ok hun, really hope bethany is better very soon xxxx

just got back from the hospital and i got much more sense than i did yesterday first she saw a doctor in a&e and it happened to be the one i lost my temper with yesterday :lol: but he was really good and kept her in her own little side room to monitor how much fluid she took whilst she was there. she took none in 3hours! he then wanted a paediatrician to see her so sent her up to the childrens ward where after sitting there for 2 hours the paediatrician saw her by which time she had drunk a little bit and had eaten a biscuit which was a bit more reassuring for me. she has a viral infection and a tummy bug and have given her somethign to help it so hopefully it will work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back