Mw app..

Jayceesmumma

Reaction score
Went to mw today (lovely lady!) really put my mind at ease about birth :) she booked me in to the birthing centre with the pool etc :)
My fundal height is 37.. She first said it was 34 but re done it as I was laying too flat lol!
Baby is 3/5 palpable and in the best position for birth she reccomended I had lots of sex lol as babies born this way are easier! Baby's head has always been 'free' so looks like things are moving forward! Is 3/5 more in or more out I can't remember? She had a v good deep feel which has set off some major bh lol!! Still no suggestions or reasons for my itchy shoulders but she said it should go after birth :)
She also said baby isn't big she said it feels very average but its defo 'all baby' in there! She said not to trust the scan weights as someone was told 9lb recently but had a 6lb baby in the end!

Nothing in my urine anymore so all is looking good!! Got an appointment 2days after my due date booked..

So overall a good visit!! Forgot to tell her I think I had a show last week but I don't think it was important coz that doesn't always mean anything.. I'm kinda glad there's a reason why I'm feeling so much pressure.. She also said the pain after sex is normal :)

Oh and asked her about tens machines and she just said they are pretty much all the same just get one that is simple to use :)

glad you had a good appointment, i think 3/5 palpable means she can feel 3/5ths of the babys head still so 2/5th engaged? or it might be the other way around...useless haha

are you going to have a water birth if the pool is free then? id have loved to but not allowed coz of my bp im gonna have to be hooked up the whole time :(

gl hun xx

Sorry to hear that hun :( I may give it a go as warm baths have always eased my back pains which I've suffered for years with.. The option is there for me I'll see how I feel at the time.. Gonna try and stay at home as long as I can so I'll prob get in the bath there.. If I want an epidural I have to move to delivery suite so will see how I feel!!

Yeah I think it's that way round... 2/5th in pelvis.. Either way I've been 'free' the whole time so it's a start! Even though it can decide to pop out again :roll: lol!!

How r u feeling hun?xx

fab news that everything is well!

That's good news, sounds like baby won't be too long now xx

Great news hun, yes 3/5 palpable means that the baby's head is 2/5 engaged. All sounding good for a nice relaxing birth for you xx

ooh all good for us then, ive just posted about my appointment, we'll have to see who goes first lol x x x

Glad it all went well JM...... sounds like LO is getting ready......I'm sure I've heard on here 2nd and subsequnet babies don't tend to engage until labour....so it could be soon! Exciting! xxx

Glad you had a good appointment and all is looking good. I had one today too and baby is also 2/5 engaged but back to back :(. I have been feeling quite achy this afternoon, hoping this is a sign lol x

Ooh I'll have a look suzzi..
Rach sorry to hear urs is back to back lets hope it moves in time!!

Thanks ladies :)
Been having strong bh and pressure with back pain all day but I've been doing a hell of alot of housework!! Gonna shower the kids then get them into bed and hop into the bath.. Can't wait I'm aching all over!!

Be interesting to see who goes first.. I'd like to be able to stalk all your labour watches so happy to be last in line!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back