Music :)

Froslass

Reaction score
Does anyone else play in instruments?x

I play Violin and Flugelhorn :)

Heres a wee video of a concert I did on Friday :) I played the closest thing to crazy by katie melua :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lvRKTUWYcQ&feature=share

I was quite chuffed I managed it lol cause I've noticed all my diaphragm muscles seem to be quite loose due to being pregnant and it totally affects my breathing lol x

I'm listening to it now, its lovely :)

I used to sing, and did some of my exams when I was at school, I really miss it but my voice is very out of practice!

x x x x

Aw thanks :)

I bet if you started singing again though you'd get back into it!! :) x I quite enjoy singing sometimes too, I think baby likes it, cause i can feel a lot more kicks if i start singing or humming? I wonder if he/she can hear yet! x

They can hear very early on honey! So you sing and hum away!

I used to sing on stage, I played the clarinet a few years back but didn't like it very much. Got to grade 5 and stopped. I did a lot of musical theatre. X

oooh thats soo cool! I would have loved to have done musical theatre, but not sure i could act lol :) x

Im def going to keep singing to bump then :) x

Hi Flugel

I play violin (since I was 3!!), piano & sing in a chamber choir. We are going on tour to Italy later this year!! :)

One of the reasons you always stood out in the forum to me was cos of your name & obvious musical connections :)

(Sorry can't watch video just at mo as it's nearly 1am and OH is already irritated that I am up (and sobering up from a night out :D ))

I've heard baby can hear all sorts of noises from about 16(?) weeks on so I plan to play lots of music to it... once I have one on the way!! :D

xx

oooh thats soo cool! I would have loved to have done musical theatre, but not sure i could act lol :) x

Im def going to keep singing to bump then :) x

I would have also loved to have done musical theatre! Love all that kind of stuff!
Yeah they can hear quite early on. I've been singing to her for a while now, its really nice to do and she kicks when I sing incy wincy spider :lol: she's probably telling me to shut up!

I'll listen later, kids are already too noisy for me to hear! I play piano and flute! Well, I haven't played properly since I had the girls, more a case of "Alice, it's Xmas, sit down and play us some carols!" I just don't have time! Your names always stood out to me too! I know a few flugel players so it made me smile lol

I went to music college and play flute, well I teach it now, but play piano too, not very well though.

Going to listen to your clip when the kids shut up lol!

I'm ashamed to admit I'd never heard of a flugelhorn :blush: the clip sounds lovely! I used to play the recorder at school and had a couple of piano lessons, that's about the extent of my non-musical ability, my brother got the music genes in our family, he plays guitar and drums.

I play piano, flute, guitar and drums. I used to be a drum teacher but it didn't bring enough money in unfortunately, and now I don't have the time anyway! I got to grade 8 piano and grade 7 flute but both went by the wayside when I left home so I reckon I'd be pretty useless now....I only kept up the drums and have the odd strum on a guitar every now and again these days. LO likes it when I sing and play guitar to him :love:

Hey Flugel

Just listened to your vid :)

I don't know the piece of music but thought you had a lovely sustained legato sound with expressive phrasing. I envy your breathing (and diaphgram) control :) Triplely impressive considering your pregnancy is affecting things :)

Thanks for sharing xx

Aw thanks hun!! :hug: xx
I really appreciate that cause I was really worried about my phrasing and stuff! Im supposed to be playing with the band in the national championships in sept, but i just don't know if i'll be able to by then! I'm really hoping i can though, its such a good experience and good fun too! xxx

lovely clip :)

i am a singer and can also play guitar. in my time i have played clarinet, saxaphone, violin, piano and written a musical! a long time ago.....used to write songs which we performed in our band too

miss all that.....oh well xx

Oooh how did I miss this thread? :)
I play bass in a couple of bands and sing... I reckon we could start a PF Band between us! :)

i can play piano though not very well, but thats my limits, husband plays chello and piano though he says he is not that good, but he has been playing both since age 4 and has grade 8 etc so i dont think he that bad myself! he just self concious! :) i love listening to your video of music! :) its lovely. you are very good xxx

i can play guitar and starting to learn to play the keyboard now..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back