Music in labour....

mrs_tommo22

Reaction score
Does it reallt take your mind off things for a bit? I was thinkig if it was helpdul and relaxed me a bit i would take a mp3 player with me.

Has anyone done this and did it help them chill out a bit or was it just nice to listen to some decent music?

as i had a home birth i planned to play all my favourite music to help me in labour, but as it turned out i was so out of it (i didnt hav any drugs i was just delirious from the pain lol) i didnt think of it and wouldnt hav noticed it probably anyway! it might work 4 u tho, u can but try! :)

Id like ti have a ago, just to try and keep this labour as normal as possible after the last disaster!
Im just thinknig with a mp3 player i can tune in and droqn out the fact im in a hospital knowing full well if i was in macclesfield i would be having the home birth i booked.

Sorry to go off topic but started crying about that this morning, I only hope i can have a water birth to conpensate a bit.

I would like to try music next time. Labour with james was a nightmare just cos I felt so alone and ignored. I got to the hospital and all the labour rooms were full so i was chucked onto the ward in a private room. Because it was night time I wasn't allowed to have anyone stay with me so I was all alone, off my head on pethidine, vomiting on the floor beside the bed cos I was too out of it to find the sick bowl :cry:

To be honest i was so out of it (i didnt have any pain relief just knackered) i dont think i would have noticed and i dont think OH 'queen' taste would have been quite right....

.....'i want to break free, i want to break freeeeeeee'...... :rotfl:

kellysomer said:
.....'i want to break free, i want to break freeeeeeee'...... :rotfl:

Hmm. That sounds like a great idea for an OT post - to come up with a humourous tracklist for a labour CD.

I didn't have anything playing during labour (unplanned hospital birth), but whilst waiting for things to progress, I used different CD's of things to help relax me, and have found that now they do relax Isaac too, so might be worth finding some particular sounds, tracks, that you like, you never know, if not in labour, afterwards, they may help you and LO :hug:

Well i got a mp3 player anyways, got a tiny boue one with 1GB worth of memeory and can play upto 30-40 albums and the battery will last 24 hours.
I should be getting it tomorrow so guna put all my fav stuff on there and the babys fav music too (yes she has a song that makes her kick like mad).So looking forward to getting it and only paid 15 quid for it so very happy.

DH is doing me a CD for the surgical team to play of all "our" songs and my favourites as he knows how it will calm me down and also make the moment more "us" is that makes sense,
Think he is also going to make a few copies for the car and home knowing him lol

*I took a few CD's in dfferent types for different moods but wasn't intrested at the time

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back