music at the birth

annem

Reaction score
are you going to have music playing? i'm going to make an upbeat CD and a relaxing cD but can't decide what to have on it :think:

when i was in labour i had james blunt cd on (the midwife found it and it was the best of the pile they had)... but in the actual birth no music, i was spaced on gas and air and wouldnt have even known :)

lol when i was in labour with Evie i wanted COMPLETE silence, i shouted at DH everytime he spoke and felt like smacking the midwife everytime she came into the room because she would just yap!

Then when i got the gas and air i imaged that raved music was playing in my head from the sound of a tweeting bird outside and a rattling pipe in the room :rotfl: .

I'm planning to compile a relaxing CD for the birth, possibly instrumental only, haven't decided yet. I love film scores so I will probably compile a cd from my collection of soundtracks. There are plenty of places online where you can get ideas and playlists, you could even go to a music store and spend some time looking around for collections of music you might fancy, that could give you lots of ideas.

Im going to have craig david and the fray cos those albums mean a lot to both of us cos we always listened to them together

by the time i get into hospital i won't be in the mood for music i'll just want my pain relief.

i know i wouldn't hear it anyway cause of concentrating on other things but if its a first time mum then yes i can see the point as you're generally there long b4 you need to be and it might help soothe you.

Weirdly Enough.. Iv Always Hated Any Noise When Im In Pain... So Im Not Sure

i planned to put music on for the birth, but didnt put any on as kinda got distracted lol but tbh i either wouldnt hav noticed it or found it annoying!

midna said:
Killing in the name ..by RAGE lol ...just for the midwives. :D

:rotfl:

My Dh wanted this as our first song at our wedding. :roll:

i'm not planning on being in pain!! i'm expecting it to be fun :oops:

i can't wait to give birth, maybe i just have rose tinted glasses on at the mo!!

I had a C section and had disney songs playing. Everyone loved it.
Even heard the surgoen (sp) singing along lol. :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back