Mums with 4 or more kids (+those that want 4 or more!)

Lucy

Reaction score
Just wondering what type of car you have to carry 4 kids plus OH? Ideally we'd like 3 kids but just out of curiousity I'm wondering how you get on with the car front for families of 6!

Thanks

Lucy

someone i work with had got 4 kiddies and an OH i say kiddies but there teens n close to teens, they have a vw sharan

my mum, has 5 kids, shes got a 7seater people carrier

Hiya my OH is a car salesman snd hes saying people carriers are the best as they can seat 7 ppl, failing that a mini bus :lol: xkelx

So a people carrier is the way to go then

Thanks

Lucy

I have a galaxy at the mo, got it the day b4 my 3rd baby was born.

I love it.

Would love another baby, but don't think DH would be very pleased at all! lol

we are going car hunting next weekend, we are hoping to get a galaxy

xxx

We've managed with a 5 seater for the last 6 months. We rarely all go out in the car together, and when we've needed to, we've dragged my mum and dad along for a spare seat in their car.

We bought an old 7 seater renault espace last week though ready for the summer - only been out in it once, and that was to see how easy it was to park at morrisons

layla said:

xxx

I love it the boot is huge, i can get my graco buggy, stroller & my maclaren double buggy in the boot and there is loads of leg space in the bk.

Hi there, we have 4 kiddies, another on the way, and 2 stepdaughters every other weekend too, so loads of bums to put on car seats! We had a Ford Galaxy, and never again, it spent more time in the garage than on the road, plus didnt give too much room in the boot. You cant beat a VW! We have had a good old fashioned bay window camper, then a type 25, and now have our fantastic ' Sybil ', our Type 4 VW transporter, which seats 3 in the front, and has two rows of 3 in the back, so 9 seater altogether, and still loads of room in the back for the pushchair, cool box, etc etc. Plus sometimes we take out the centre row and put in a table so they can draw as we drive along, they are THE BEST car, so versatile, a diesel, so fantastic on fuel, and comfy too, all with seatbelts...god I sound like a VW salesman! Seriously if you are looking for a people carrier , check these out, you can even get the camper versiopns with sink/oven and rock and roll bed too, so you and the kids can go away too!
Kate

hi Lucy...
We're one short of 4, but we have a VW Sharan. 7 Seater and priceless!

Emilia xx

Glad I found this thread!

We are trying again!

I have twins now and a failed twin pg also!

Therefore I am 5 times more likely to have twins this time than one!!!

So I may end up with 4 kids :shock: :shock: :shock:

That was my concern actually...car , me my OH, two 8 year olds, a labrador and then 1 or 2 more babies...we hope :pray:

my stepmum who has 4 kids at home(6 in total) but also watches chloe 4 me, uses a VW caravelle, it has 8 seats :D

we've got a seven seater mitsubishi spacewagon.

Hazzaboo said:
layla said:

xxx

I love it the boot is huge, i can get my graco buggy, stroller & my maclaren double buggy in the boot and there is loads of leg space in the bk.

really??! when we went to look at them we found them really small, no boot at all unless you push ther seats right forward, but then the kids have no leg room.

we got a toyota, its huge! 8 seats instead of seven and loads of boot room, we can get the pram and 2 siutcases in easy.

xx

same here layla! the galaxy seemed really small and the engine seemed hard to work on etc. Hubby looks at things like that.
We were advised against a galaxy by my friends hubby whos a machanic. He says they are terrible to work on and cost a bomb to repair.

we have had a galaxy for nearly a year now and found it to be perfect for what we need, hubby is a mechanic and has had no problems working on it, although in the year we have had it only one thing has needed to be fixed (and i use the term "fixed" loosely as it was just the air conditioning gas that needed topping up). being a ford they really are not that expensive to fix as the parts are so readily available.

you got to shop around and find out whats best for you lucy at the end of the day. :D

thanks ladies

I only have 1 daughter at the moment but was interested to know how larger families got on with a large enough vehicle!

Lucy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back