MPV / 7 seater

tracyM

Reaction score
We're going to have to get one. We're currently making two trips, or dragging my mum and dad along for their extra seat. Does anyone have an MPV they can recommend, and what's fuel consumption like on them? I'm paranoid about fuel costs - would it be better to keep our 5 seater for when only some of us are going, or are MPVs ok for every day use?

My dad reckons we should get a minibus so he can have a drink at the family BBQ next month - I don't think so :shock: His other idea was to put one in the boot, or get a roof rack :roll:

Stuarts had 3 driving lessons and it's not happening - the instructor was at least honest with him instead of letting us pay for hundreds of lessons. Bang goes my idea of running two cars for the odd occasion we all go out together.

I have a VW Sharan... best car ever!!!!!
24.gif

They're expensive new, but you'll get a second hand one easily! I'm selling mine... pitty you're so far. :( I've got my eye on the VW Toureg.... will have to prostitute my body at the blind school!!! :D

Emilia xx

Can't properly advise because i don't have one but have you looked at an estate car, such as the Vauxhall Zafira? They don't tend to have such high fuel consumption, and you can fold the rear seats right down if you want to use the boot space instead. Also would be easier to park!

Izzyx

Thanks Izzy, we used to have a montego estate with the fold down seats. They're brilliant for occasional use, but when the seats are up, there's no storage in the boot, and the seat is clipped in place by two little bits of plastic (scared me half to death if I had kids in it), and it's bloody uncomfy to sit on.

Emilia, what's it like with fuel, compared to a normal car - I have it in my head that I'll be putting £80 a week in compared to my usual £20 :shock:
Is yours automatic? - I've never driven an automatic before - they scare me, but there only seems to be autos for sale :? . Arghhhhh I want to keep my aging Rover. They should make buggy boards for cars :think: .

we have a VW touran its great all seats are indiviual and i love it coz the middle row of seats recline hehe

I got Stuart to have a look at the Touran - there's one in the showroom near mums house. It does look ace, but he started hyperventilating at the price - 2yr old, TDi, £13k. I've got my dad on the look out for a realllllly expensive one so Stuart thinks the one I like is cheap :wink: .

tracyM said:
Emilia, what's it like with fuel, compared to a normal car - I have it in my head that I'll be putting £80 a week in compared to my usual £20 :shock:
Is yours automatic? - I've never driven an automatic before - they scare me, but there only seems to be autos for sale :? . Arghhhhh I want to keep my aging Rover. They should make buggy boards for cars :think: .

We brought it to SA from the UK and I do remember that it cost £55 to fill up. I find it really light considering the size. I have a manual - I cant get comfy in automatic.
Phone VW dealer and ask the fuelage consumption.
The back seats can fold down or be taken out - gives you a huge boot!

Go and tstdrive one for the sake of it, but be warned.... they're addictive!!!

Emilia xx

Sarah_B's_mummy87 said:
we have a VW touran its great all seats are indiviual and i love it coz the middle row of seats recline hehe

Sarah... we have seriously good taste!!! :dance: :dance:

Emilia xx

ps. I'm STILL after the Toureg - 4 wheel drive. Sexy!!!

oh yes emilia deffo i want that car dad claimed he didnt have enough money for it dunno where he got it from

have you looked on the autotrader website? you could fins a second-hand Touran cheaper than at garages!

www.autotrader.co.uk

we found our vw passat on there :wink: and we don't regret!

Mel xx

we are in the same situation, currently have a vauxhall astra, but will need a 7 seater pretty quick as this will be 4 th child when i count my step son who is 13 & lives with us.

we like the renault grand scenic, which have 2 extra fold down seats in the boot, so you can have them up when you want & lay them down when you don't want them & it then looks like a regular 5 seater car!!!

about 8...10 grand for a quite new one, hopefully we will start looking soon, don't want to end up with a bus :!: :!:

we look at the grande senics my mum didnt like the bum tho lol i loved em

Don't get a fiat multipla! They are the ugliest car I have ever seen. (sorry to anyone who has one!)

Well we've decided to get a really cheap / old espace and spend the rest of the money rebuilding the garage out back to actually fit a car in, then start saving again for something nicer.

We were chatting to a neighbour about the Touran I wanted and his face went white. I know there's a lot of vandalism round here, but he reckons they target 'nice' cars. So until we get the garage done, it's old bangers for us :( Got to phone council later to see if we need planning permission, fingers crossed we won't :pray:

urchin said:
Don't get a fiat multipla! They are the ugliest car I have ever seen. (sorry to anyone who has one!)

We hired one when we were in UK last year... WE LOVED IT!!!!! :D

Emilia xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back