• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Moving house: Help!

poochielove

Reaction score
I am moving house at the end of October and it was all arranged to be moving into my bosses house (renting) becasue he is moving at the same time. Because he wanted to rent out pretty quick (as the woman he is buying from wants a quick sale and is therfore offering a good price) and to someone he knows he is offering us the place for £550 per month. I think he could easily get 600 plus but he doesnt want to go through estate agents. I decided to check on rightmove.co.uk what other properties are like around the area. Big mistake! I spotted a house i really like! So now i have pros and cons for both! Please let me know what you would do...you lot always seem to know what to say!

Bosses House:
Pros;
* We can move in at our lesuire and not pay rent until we actually start living there
* Its actually a 2 bed property but has an attic conversion.
* We dont have to pay the £100 extra deposit for the dogs that most landlords want (£100 per dog and we have 2)
* He has lived there for 5 years and the whole house has been decorated to an AMAZING standard, with oak wood flooring etc. Its all properly done not the usual dodgy standards that landlords think they can get away with.
* V. Low matienance garden which is a lanscaped japanese theme.
* Decking with lights in!!!
* Low council tax
* Garage and drive (this is a must)
* Part furnished as they are leaving some stuff which we havent got.
* Is very new so no hidden mould problems like in many old houses (the reason we have to leave ours now)
* Looks clean when its not due to being so well furnished

Cons;
* Much smaller than the house we are in now, as it has no hallway or dining room (i worry there wont be enough room)
* I cant actually get into the attic as it has a ladder that slides down so it cant be used by me until i pop.
* Small garden
* My mum hates it
* New house = thinner walls (only ever lived in very old houses)

House on right move.co.uk
Pros;
* Its a bungalow...i've always wanted to live in one!
* BIG low maintenance garden
* Conservetry
* Much more space
* Garage and Drive
* Detatched

Cons;
* Its old therefore mould problems??
* Utterly awful decor
* Unfurnished
* Will have to pay agents admin fees and deposit for the dogs
* Dont have the convinience of the landlard living round the corner like house #1

HEEEEEEEEELPPPPP! I know i should be sensible and go with option one but i am so worried we wont have enough room! The house we have lived in is very old and big (old terrace) but with it has come alot of problems. :wall: :wall: :wall:

its a horrible situation hun. I found a lovely house, just been done out it was massive for the price and needed nothing doing but it wasnt in a great area! :( I had set my heart on it but it wasnt meant to be!

I would say go with the first cause from your list the pros list is longer then the second property!! :hug:

if you went with the bungalow you can ask the agency to get the mould problems sorted out as a condition of the rental contract.

Is it convenient to have your landlord close by? Just a thought, if you rent from your boss and experience any difficulties at either home or work, it could have an adverse effect on your relationship. I think I would be inclined to keep my home and work lives separate.

Good luck x

Id go option 2

Reasons being, Im having to move myself as Im in a 2 bed house, only a sitting room, no dining room and there is absolutely NO room. James has taken over and my house is now crammed with stuff and I find it hard to live like this. Also Id love to live in a bungalow too so that would do it for me :lol:

will your boss be pissed off?

If not I'd go option 2... I wouldn't like renting from my boss TBH :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back