• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

moving from cot's to bed's?

BEX101

Reaction score
hello, i'm pregnant again and Rosie will be about 19 months, when the next LO is born. If this one stays in a moses basket for 3 months like Rosemary then it will be needing the cot when Rosemary is about 22 months.

i dont want to buy another cot/cot bed, so what age can they go in one of those little bed's? And realistically how long do they last them? i have got a normal single bed but i'm assuming that 2 yrs is too young to go in one of those? Or not?

Ta X

I've only got the one child but we've recently moved my little boy into the bigger spare room and have put him in a normal sized single bed and he is fine. We have bed guards either side just in case! He loves it and has only just turned 2 - good luck

Em

We moved DD into a normal single bed when she was just about 2. She took to it very quickly and only fell out twice! We had planned on getting one of those bed guards but didn't need to as she learnt the lesson very quickly!

Last edited:
My son turned 2 a week ago and has been in a normal single bed for a few months.

Louie turned 2 last monday & is still in a cot :oops:

I was wondering about what age to put LO into a bed. My LO is 17 months and has already climbed out of her cot once about a week ago, dont know how she did it, its at the lowest mattress point. So the babygate is now on her door, just incase she does it again, but think she ha a bump when she climbed out so hopefully she wont do it again. :think:

I'm in the same position as you and we are planning on putting our LO into a normal single bed at around 21 months when the baby will need the cot. Not sure yet about the guard - the bed is part of a bunk bed and we were thinking of using the top half as this has a guard, but a friend told me her son used to climb over the guard, so fell from higher. They then just put the spare mattress on the floor next to the bed. Might try it like this to see whether she does come out - she is a right wrigler in bed.

foxymum said:
Louie turned 2 last monday & is still in a cot :oops:

Well im even worse then my lil girl is 2 and 2months! she's still in her's and has her movement monitor on every night! :oops: :oops:
she's never tried to climb out so i suppose ive never pushed to get her out of it, ive a single bed ready with bed guard... i keep saying we'll do it this weekend, and just don't, i suppose im worried about the possibilty of distrupting bed times (she loves goes up at bed time snuggles down and giggles)... terrible :oops: im expecting my 2nd and want as much sleep as possible,

I really need to sort this :lol:

We moved Ellie to a bed at 18months. We bought a nice low bed (to make it easy to climb into and out of) but didn't realise we wouldn't be able to use the bed guard as we ordered from the Tesco direct catalogue. However she only fell out of it a few times, and got on really well with it.

Lydia was 22 months when she went into her toddler bed

Jamie was 18mths when he went into his big bed, didnt have any probs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back