moving from cot to a big bed?

kellie80

Reaction score
I thinking of trying Nathan in a big bed soon cos hes 2 now and getting a bit big for his cot. With my 2 girls I have had plenty of room up stairs to have a cot and the bed set up so if they played up in the night I could put them back in the cot till they got used to it. With Nathan I have no spare room at all and his bedroom is so small a single bed and a wardrobe will pretty much fill it so the cot will have to go before I can put the bed in. So doing it like this for the 1st time I wondered if any one has any tips for me what I can expect and how to keep him in his bed. Also he has no bedroom door so he can get anywhere up stairs but I do have a safety gate on the stairs.

I would recmmend putting a safety gate in his doorway hun so that he cant leave the room. When he gets out of bed just put him back in and dont make a fuss about it. This may take several times before he stays there. I put Maddison in a junior bed last month ans she hasnt got out of it once. God luck :hug:

Ahhh, that's a good idea, i never thought of putting a gate on his door, I have a spare one too so I can leave the one on the stairs.

we have just changed from cot to big bed a few weeks ago , and i must admit he did get out a number of times the first night but now he shouts me if he wants anything he gets in to bed at 6-6.30 and is usualy asleep by 7pm. i was quite shocked at how well he took to it i was expecting a bumpy ride. we have a gate at the top of the stairs we were going to put on on his room but havent neede to we just make sure the gate at the top of the stairs is always closed..good luck im sure he will get on fine xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back