mother and baby groups.

neeko_1

Reaction score
i want to go to one.

i now think it's time that renee and i mix with other mums in the area.

i need to get out of the house more and she needs to bond with other babies.

but how are they? and what do you do? and do you have to pay?

i'm soo afraid that they will look at me and think OH a young mum :roll:

so please ladies tell me how they are :lol:

:hug:

I want to go to one too but am afraid people will think...ohh an older mum! i used to love going to them years ago when my others were little,
have you got a surestart place near you? if so then you wont need to pay, also there is alsorts going on aswell...pity my local one doesnt get used, it would be just me ang Glenn sat there, i might aswell stay home and sing songs.x

i go to a sure start one one on a monday and one on a thursday you just sit around and chat to other mums while LO enjoys playing with the others and you can have a good ol chin wag i wouldnt worry about people thinking ooh young mum if they have a problem with it then its there problem not yours.

where abouts in london are you? as i am in london also.

http://www.surestart.gov.uk/surestartse ... dfilter=10

found this for you its all the london sure start childrens centres :hug:

Becky&Willow said:
i go to a sure start one one on a monday and one on a thursday you just sit around and chat to other mums while LO enjoys playing with the others and you can have a good ol chin wag i wouldnt worry about people thinking ooh young mum if they have a problem with it then its there problem not yours.

where abouts in london are you? as i am in london also.

http://www.surestart.gov.uk/surestartse ... dfilter=10

found this for you its all the london sure start childrens centres :hug:

thanks ladies.

i live in Hackney.. i didn't know you live in london!

which part

i will check it out :D i think i have a sure start down the road where a live :cheer:

i can only vouch for the ones i go to but i think they are great, i and luke have made so many friends in the area and there is 4 of us that meet at least once a week and go for coffee while the kids play. i have made friends for life and i'm sure luke has as they will all go to school together, and like this forum you chat to other mums and swap advice and remind each other bout things maybe you should/could be doing like enrolling the kids in the preschool etc!

we go to one on a friday its 9.15 -11.15 and there are loads of toys then about 10.15 they clear up and all have a snack and a drink, we have coffee and biscuits and for the last half an hour we have a singing session and its great fun. we pay £2.50 and its well worth the money.

hope you enjoy yours as much as we do. x

I go to one on a Tuesday and Wednesday morning(if i'm not working). The one on a Tuesday is at the local primary school in the hall and the one on a Wednesday is in the local church hall. I pay £1.50 at both of them and you get a cup of tea or coffee and a biscuit and the LO's get juice and either apple or a biscuit. The Mums all sit around talking while LO's play with the toys and then they have story and singing time in the other room if you want to join in or if not you can just stay in the main room. They are both on for two hours although I don't usually stay that long. I go with my Mum because she takes my little brother but the other Mums do talk to us and are friendly enough. Have you got a friend with a baby who you could go with? I wouldn't worry about your age there are a real mixture of ages at the ones I go to.

Gemma & Jake said:
I go to one on a Tuesday and Wednesday morning(if i'm not working). The one on a Tuesday is at the local primary school in the hall and the one on a Wednesday is in the local church hall. I pay £1.50 at both of them and you get a cup of tea or coffee and a biscuit and the LO's get juice and either apple or a biscuit. The Mums all sit around talking while LO's play with the toys and then they have story and singing time in the other room if you want to join in or if not you can just stay in the main room. They are both on for two hours although I don't usually stay that long. I go with my Mum because she takes my little brother but the other Mums do talk to us and are friendly enough. Have you got a friend with a baby who you could go with?

hey

my hubby friends girlfriend has a little boy his a month old now, we talk but are not close and we have been meaning to link up and go out for the day.

maybe i'll ask her if she wants to come. or i'll ask my mum to come join me to check it out.

thank you for you replies ladies

We go to a local one on a Friday that I found out about through my PND group, and also one on a Wednesday that is at the library called Bounce and Rhyme - it's like nursery rhymes and stuff. Sure Start do loads of things... or you can try netmums to see what's going on in your area?

I go to BIBS which is a breastfeeding support group - but like a mother and baby group. It's free and they put toys and play mats out in the middle of the room for the babies to play with while us mums have a chat. This is run by sure start (who had a timetable of activities in the area)

I've made a couple of new friends - in fact they're coming over to my house tomorrow and one of the girls is bringing her pancake machine thingy! 3 of us also go to baby swimming lessons too and will meet up for a walk or coffee.

I have gone to one on Monday since it was set up by the local Healthvisitors. when he was in the baby side it was 50p for a cuppa and they have baby massage, weigh in for the baby, guest talkers about everything from local library, dentists, etc

Now he is in the toddler side and it is 1.50 for a drink for be and my lad plus fruit and painting or cooking or crafts. singing, lots of toys.

It is a great way to get out the house! well worth the money and advice I get!

Hey neeko im more greater london/essex im in Romford.

have you found a group yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back