moses baskets

trixipaws

Reaction score
gina ford's contented little baby book says its better not to use a moses basket but to get LO used to the cot straight away, else wont want to switch when the time comes. any advice here? :)
will post this in baby products too.

keeley didn't have a moses basket but she had a swingin crib and she moved fine from the crib to the cot :D

I had a swinging cradle for when Arianna was first born and she slept in that at night but I always put her down for her day naps in her cots so she was used to it.

i wasnt gonna use a moses basket but was given one so im just gonna keep it downstairs for when im down here but they are going to sleep in cot at night.

Trixipaws- have you bought that book? is it any good because there is a lot of controversey (sp) surrounding it, some ppl have slated it but some ppl swear by it. is it worth getting do you think?

hannah was in her moses basket until she was nearly 5 months but went into the cot with no problems, i think they look nice and cosy when they r tiny in a moses basket

tangerinedream said:
Trixipaws- have you bought that book? is it any good because there is a lot of controversey (sp) surrounding it, some ppl have slated it but some ppl swear by it. is it worth getting do you think?

no it was given to me by my boyf's brother's wife, she is pg too but when she found out she was having twins she bought the contented little twins book instead. ive only read about 3 pages so far!

We had to have a moses basket as the cot won't fit in our room and I want to keep Jake in with us until he is 6 months as this is what is advised. If you can fit a cot in your room then it should be ok for your baby to go straight in to it. One advantage of having a moses basket is that you can take it with you if you and the baby go anywhere or if somebody looks after your baby for the night.

I used a pram instead of a moses basket (was good as I could push her too and fro without getting out of bed!!)

She moved fine into her cot after - I think babies only fuss if you fuss - some of these books put problems into our mind when there isn't a problem! Note to authors - we worry enough thank you!!!

Emily has a moses basket but shes almost too big for it, even tho its a bigger than normal one.
She hates it tho because she cant see through it and shes really nosey! we are just waiting to be able to afford a travel cot in a couple of weeks, as my DFs mum has bought us a cot but wont fit where im sleeping

I have a moses basket too and thought that when the time comes to make the awitch I would put the basket in the cot for a few nights to get the baby used to the surroundings and then move him. I think it is all down to practicality and what works best for you and the little monkey!

we are just waiting to be able to afford a travel cot in a couple of weeks, as my DFs mum has bought us a cot but wont fit where im sleeping

Tesco's direct have a travel cot on special offer at £19.99

We got a moses masket but Emma HATED it, she point blank refused to sleep in it, I think the most we got was ten minutes :roll: So I just put her straight into the cot.

Jam was in his moses basket in the cot from birth, hes been in his big cot since about 4months old cos he wanted to roll around!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back