morning bottles

Amy_J

Reaction score
my lo has completely gone off his morning bottle. this has been going on a few todays. today for example, he has 6oz at 5am, we got up at 8.30am he wont touch his porridge and he just turns his head away from his milk. he will have some pureé for lunch about 12 no probs, and a bottle at around 2. he doesnt seem to be hungry so im not going to force him, its just the fact that its breakfast time and he hasnt eaten or drank anything........ ideas?

Try dropping the 5am feed. Charley wouldn't have anything for breakfast but I realised if he has a bottle about 4am or after he won't touch his morning bottle so I give him his dummy when he wakes for that feed now and even though he might drop it 4-5 times so I've gotta keep giving it to him, he goes back to sleep then wakes at 7 to get up and have breakfast!

thanks i will try that he had a feed at 6 and drained 7oz!!!!!!!!!!, and its 10 now and hes not interested at all!!!! i'll give it a go tonight and let you know!!!!

If I let charley have a bottle around 4-5am he drains 7oz's but I'd rather he had a breakfast bottle instead.
Good luck!! x x

i tried your advice! marley woke at 6.30am screaminggggg so i gave him his dummy....and he kept whinging and crying, this lasted for 10mins, he was clearly too hungry and had his 7oz. we got up at 8, and at 9am he had half a jar of creamy rice breakfast! (no bottle tho!) ...i'll keep trying!!!!

Def feed him if he starts crying! I put charley's dummy in quite afew times before he falls back into a deep sleep. If he spits it out every few minutes and carries on moaning then I feed him!
Sounds like Marley still needs that feed but give him food for breakfast instead of milk x.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back