More bf questions...

Hope81

Reaction score
Right here it goes?
- do I need breast pads at the hospital providing that milk Dosent come until later?
- I probably know that the answer is no but... Hate sleeping with a bra, I suppose I have no other solution???
- do I put nipple cream before each feed or after? Or maybe before and after?
-is there any cleaning routine before each feed? Like hand gel, cleaning boobs with warm water, dry, cream, feed? I saw this on the Internet. Do you do it like that?
- about how many breastpads you go per day?
- how many bras I need?

It's ok If cba to answer all of my rambling lol...

Hi hun, i have bravado bras for sleeping, i like them, i had 3 to begin with and they stretchy like sports bras. I then measured up once the milk came in.
I used lansinoh (lanolin) after each feed, no need to wash it off. Shower once a day is enough, no need to dry your skin
I took breast pads but tbh didnt need them in the beginning

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

You won,t need breast pads till around 3 days after the birth, but take some with you incase you stay in for any reason, I alao hate sleeping with a bra, and after a couple of weeks it settles down and I,ve had a few braless nights with no leaks. I don,t use any nipple cream so can't help you there and there's no need for a cleaning routine. I have washable breast pads and change them twice a day but I don,t leak much. I have 3 bras, one to wear, one for wash and one spare xx

I wud say defo pack breast pads coz if your in longer than expected you will need them!!
xxx

Personally I needed to use breast pads several weeks before I gave birth so maybe have a pack on standby just in case.

Use the cream whenever you need it as often as you need it. If you use lansinoh you can put it on before a feed with no need to wash it off so a good investment.

First time I've ever heard of a cleaning routine tbh.

The amount of breast pads really depends on the person and the day. I used to change mine at every feed when my milk was all over the place. Once your milk has settled you may even be able to get away with not wearing any.

I would say at least two bras so you have one when the other is in the wash however if you don't want to be rushing around making sure you have one clean, probably get a couple extra :)

yes take breastpads
lansinoh cream after each feed and dont need to wipe it off
no cleaning routine but i did read not to use scented shower gels or soap as it can dry out your nips when theyre tender and mess up lo's instincts with the scent
at least 2 bras, better with 3 and i hated sleeping in mine but had to do it for a few weeks to start with

I personally never needed to use breast pads at all :s. Fyi, just because you don't leak doesn't mean your milk isn't in. I have three nursing bras and that has been a perfect amount for me. I don't wear bras to sleep and never did, but I wear camisoles with built in shelf bras to sleep. I don't clean my boobs either other than in the shower :)

Thank you everyone :) I will put some breast pads in just in case. Hate sleeping with bra though:( even with a sport one but I suppose I will have to ride it...

I only slept with a bra for the first few weeks, it was a soft night one from mothercare. Once I stopped leaking I slept without one, much easier for feeds at night! I have woken up soaked occasionally though!

i only wore bras for first few weeks until milk settles, occasionally have leaks at night but hardly ever and just a small amount.

- do I need breast pads at the hospital providing that milk Dosent come until later? I didn't use any breast pads in hospital, infact I could count on one hand the number of pads I used. Make sure you don't get one in the wash!!
- I probably know that the answer is no but... Hate sleeping with a bra, I suppose I have no other solution??? I have stopped sleeping with a bra now so you don't necessarily need to.
- do I put nipple cream before each feed or after? Or maybe before and after? Cream after each feed if they are sore. I only used this for a few days really while they toughened up though and didn't bother after that.
-is there any cleaning routine before each feed? Like hand gel, cleaning boobs with warm water, dry, cream, feed? I saw this on the Internet. Do you do it like that? I don't do any of that :shock: I figured a shower would be enough! Lol
- about how many breastpads you go per day? Don't use em.
- how many bras I need? I have 6 nursing bras but I end up covered in sick at least once per day so 6 is not enough lol

I'd bring breast pads just in case but don't buy too many because I personally have never had to use them with this baby, but with my first son even 10 wouldn't have stopped the flow.

I don't sleep in a bra either so lucky I didn't buy one in advance, I know a lot of people would leak all over the place if they slept without one so maybe just bring your most comfy normal bra until you know for sure?

I used cream before and after in the very beginning just to be on the safe side. Turns out I didn't need that either but better to use it and not need it than need it and not use it.

When we were in NICU the nurses told me to wash beforehand with just plain water, but that was just for in there as the baby's immunity might be lowered, a healthy baby should be protected by the milk you produce.

Sleeping in a bra is awful! I'm starting to think I've forgotten what being braless feels like as I only am when I have a bath! And that's with combination feeding now, my breasts still leak at times when I'm not expecting it. I try to take the breast pads out as often as I can because they make me SO uncomfortable, but unfortunately this has led to many, many accidents!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back