• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mood swings and twinges - signs of OV?? **Help**

MissJuly10

Reaction score
As title, I've been having mood swings, a little discharge which is creamy colour but only little amounts. Also been having splitting headaches/feeling sickly and nauseous - driving home today was horrible! Last week I seriously thought AF was coming again as I had the stomach twinges but reminded myself it's far too early!! :wall2:

Today I felt a proper twinge in my left side, almost like I could feel a big bubble under my skin or something lol like a weird sensation.

Anyways, my sister told me that you ovulate two weeks counting from the FIRST day of AF not the last?? Totally confused as that then makes my ticker wrong??? :shock: Totally unsure now!

Anyone shed any light???

Oh and also, we had crepes for lunch today with chocolate in the middle and I could totally tell it was like a Nutella version, the smell and texture made me feel even more sickly, I had to scrape all the chocolate out! I've been feeling really irritable lately! Poor OH having to put up with me being a total cow for no reason.

Veins on my boobs are also very visible still, at points they almost bulge! Boobs were a little bit sore when I took my bra off last night - felt heavy and swollen.

Totally confused again so would LOVE some advice!!! :wall2::wall2:

I can do one today but obviously I doubt I'm PG as my period started on 23rd Sept, lasted around 4-5 days and that was it so its 18-19 days into my cycle (thats starting from the day my period began) and I'm sure it's too early to have OVed, but then my sis confused me saying you OV 14 days into your cycle which would mean only 7 days after AF...which totally contradicts my ticker! LOL.

I noticed increased discharge (TMI ALERT TMI ALERT) and when stretched, it was a couple of centimetres long before it broke and more of a creamy/clear colour.

Yeah, sounds like OV to me :)

Your sister has it mixed up.

Brilliant cos we BDed last night! :D

CM is not LOADS, I've not got any now so thought it can't have been OV as I'm sure you're meant to get lots.

Hi Hun,

Your Sister is right if you have a normal 28 day cycle, but if it is longer then you will most likely ovulate later.

How long are you usually?

xx

I'm irregular so not sure, last month was the only time I have counted the days from end of AF to beginning of the next - around 45 days. My ticker is not something I rely on, I use it as a guideline but I thought she can't be right as that would mean I OVed last week???

Oh gosh, I think you might be working it out wrong hun, you need to count the first day of your period as day 1, did you do that?

xx

My AF started on the 23rd September and ended on either the 27th or 28th - I'm not sure as on the 27th I didn't bleed at all in the evening so we BDed, didn't bleed overnight and had a little blood next day then same thing happened on the next day too except the bleed completely stopped after about a spoonful of blood in the morning. I'm not sure if the 28th's spoonful was due to BDing?

We BDed every day since - I think we only missed 2 days then we did not BD the night before last but did last night so from the 27th, we've only missed 3 days of BDing.

And also you ovulate 14 days before your next period starts, not 14 days after unless you have a perfect 28 day cycle so of yor cycles are 45 days your likely to ovulate around day 31. Hope that helps

So I'm not meant to ovulate til the end of the month??? Awwww. :( :( :( :(

Right Hun, if AF started on the 23rd Sept you are on CD18 of your cycle.

Which could well be OV time for you.

Last month how long was there between CD1(The first AF day) and the day you next AF came?

xx

Well when I joined here, I was waiting for AF as it had not arrived - I have no idea of the exact dates as I was on the pill from 8th July as I was getting married that weekend and did not want AF to arrive during wedding/honeymoon. I missed a couple but finished around 26th/27th of July - had a period of about 6 days. I then started the pill again but OH and I decided to stop as we wanted TTC and so after about 4 days, we stopped. I had a period the next day! LOL and it was only for about 4 days. So it was from that to 23rd September as that's when AF arrived and left after 4-5 days.

Will try and work it out now (lol!)...

That's about 42 days counting from the END of that period but if I add the 4 days it's 46 days...

AGH I'm so confused!! :(

Oh gosh no wonder you are confused!

This cycle is your first proper cycle since stopping the pill, the periods you had when you stopped the pill were not real periods they were manufactured by the pill.

Your real AF often takes a longer to come after stopping the pill, so I'd ignore last month and start a fresh tracking your first real cycle this month.

I'd start checking ovulation just so you know when it is and keep a check on the length of your cycle too, you'll hopefully find that you have a similar cycle as this one next month, I wouldn't think you are irregular as your previous cycles will have been caused by stopping the pill.

Hope this helps xx

It was the first time I'd ever been on the pill so prior to that, I'd been irregular and could go a month or two with no period so thought it was back to normal. In total, I'd only been on the pill really a month. I didn't think it was long enough to bugger up my cycles! Lol. x

Hi Hun,

Oh ok well, I guess if you are irregular and you want to know when AF is due then you could try checking for OV as AF will nearly always be due 14 days after OV.

xx

Bum. Just got in from Morrisons, could have had a quick look there! Never mind. I have noticed the discharge and the colour and according to a website I found on Google, it can be a sign of OV, incoming AF or early pregnancy. It's too early for AF and I guess too early for pregnancy which only leaves OV!

Bloody TTC is too complicated! :(

Sure is Hun!!

You always think you have it all sussed then mother nature plays a trick on you and you're back to square one again.

Good luck and babydust! xx
:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

Yup!!

Gahhhhh. :( Guess my husband and I will just have to keep BDing like there's no tomorrow.. :p

Thanks for all the help and babydust, hun, sending you some too! :) x x

have you tried ov testing kits ? it should be around 14 days in from yr cycle yr sis is right, but i guess everyone is different, i just used the kits and i was bang on 14 days i got 2 pink lines on my ov surge. Still waiting to see if its worked for me been getting hot flushes for 3 days and twinges still got till sunday till AF due fingers crossed, hope it works for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back