moby wrap sling

Gem & Leland

Reaction score
i brought one of these and have yet to use it :oops: can someone tell me if there easy to get baby in on your own ?

its just ive got to go into london , on my own on sunday to watch brian finish a charity cycle race , and im worried about tube with a buggy altho i love my buggy cos it can carry everything in id need ? and carry a bag and a baby might kill my back ( ive not got a strong back :( and his near 16lb now ! )

i dunno what to do :wall: i think the race finished at hyde park , does that tube have a life :( even tho my own tube station does :evil:

onceyou have practised a few times it becomes second nature

here are the instructions and there is a video too

the only thing I have found is Cally is now getting too heavy (she was 15.3lbs last week) for a stretchy sling to hold her secure for long periods of time :(

im thinking it prob aint going to work is it :( i could be out for a few hours and i dont think i could carry / wear him that long ? ive got the baby bjorn too but i actually get tummy ache with that and struggle for longer then an hour :wall: i really wanna wear him too

ok , does anyone know how u get on at tube stations when uve got a buggy and they have got lifts ? :oops:

compared the the BB the wrap will feel amazing. Cally is a hefty lass herself and I can carry her comfortably for ages.Why not try it before the day and see how it feels.

Don't know anything about tube sorry

I travelled from plymouth to cambridge by train on my own with James when he was 3 months old. I got a taxi from paddington to kings cross cos I get scared on the tube at the best of times, let alone with a baby :lol:

Could you taxi it? Otherwise what about taking the sling and pushchair, then you could put him in the sling and carry the buggy on the tube

I had one of those baby bjorn carriers for Tia. I used to live in London and no, not every station has a lift...you'll be lucky if they've got working escalators tbh... :roll: I have quite bad back problems and have had them since I was 18. But lugging a great big travel system up and down stairs is far more strenuous on your back than carrying a baby on you... I admit, if I have to walk a long distance with lots of heavy bags my back really aches.. lil miss is around 17lbs.

What you could do, is get one of those cheap light weight buggies... and every time you've got to hump the buggy anywhere... pop the baby in the carrier, fold the buggy up, carry it up the stairs and pop the baby back in the push chair when you're done. But travel systems and tube stations don't mix imo.

You could be lucky and get a station with a lift, you could be lucky and someone could help you up the stairs, and you could be lucky to miss rush hour on the tube... but these are all ifs and after travelling on the tube for ages with a baby, I soon learnt not to rely on the kindness of strangers :roll:

thanks squig :shock: lmao , well the tube i need to get off at hasnt got a lift , so im thinking ill have to escatlate it , i hate them at the best of times :cry: but its fathers day and i really should be at the finish line for him :| i can see me getting into a state ,

I have a Moby wrap and still use it, and Dylan is around 20lb. Nowadays I usually have him on the hip, but when he was in it face out the way I could have him in it for ages and I found it really easy to get him in & out once I got used to it. I'll probably see about getting a new carrier soon (not sure what kind, will need to ask on here for advice) but he's happy in it for now and gets excited when he sees me putting it on!

I would urge you to try the moby. I have one and took Freya into London in it when she was 10 months old, I found it very supportive and I was so pleased that I didnt have to lug a buggy up and down (my friend did), and often there is no room on the tube. The moby looks complicated to put on but i assure you- its not!

Practice tying your moby so you can get it nice and tight and you'll be fine! The moby is a poppable wrap lol, you can pretie it and because of the stretch you'll be able to pop him in and out with need to unwrap and retie. You'll probably find that after a while you'll need to loosen the knot and pull it really tight again and retie but if you sit down to do it you'll not need to take him out.

the tip is. to put it on before you leave the house and leave it on..follow the instructions on how to put him in on your own several time.. then move to the mirror to spot check yourself.. wrap slings are far more comfier than any carrier..

iva had it out tonight and it wasnt as hard to put on as i thought :oops: but lelands either been asleep or playing and then my dinner didnt agree with me :oops: so ive not had a chance to try him in it , just a winnie pooh teddy lol got a familly day tomorrow gonna take it with me and try maybe , im excited as i really wanna be a baby wearer :cheer:

yay!!! It really is fab, and they love it. I had Cally in a forward facing carry and she loved it (she is such an attention seeker)

ive got on really well with the bjorn but i can see the moby lasting alot longer as i cant carry him long in the bjorn but its had its purpose ( and i brought it off ebay for £15 s wasnt expensive) and i think there will be times ill use either at mo while his this size anyway !

just praying i can handle it for a couple of hours minium :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back