mobile phone help

Tara & Liam

Reaction score
can anyone help.

my son has a sony erickson phone and has bought the usb cable to connect to the computer so that he can put a cd onto the computer and then download songs onto his phone. it is a ms3 compatable phone.

it just doesnt seem to work. it seemed to download ok, but then i couldnt find it on the computer, even going into start.

we put the cd onto the computer but could only copy it to another cd, anyone help.

thanks

I have this phone!
So you have music on your PC that you want on your phone? Or are you stuggling to get the CD on to your PC first too?

OK It looks like your gone, so I'll tell you how to do both:

Put a CD into the computer, and a pop up will appear asking what you want to do. Select "rip CD"
Then wait while it puts each song on to your computer.
It should put them in your "my music" folder by default. This should be in your "my documents" folder.
You could always search for a song using the search function and see where it's putting them.

After that, plug your phone into the USB and wait for the pop up asking what you want to do. Select "Open folder to view files-using windows explorer"

Then decide where you want to put the music on the phone, there is a ringtones folder or a MP3 folder.
Have the 2 windows open on your computer (the "my music" folder and the window from the phone, then simply drag and drop the music files from "my music" to the phone folder.

Hope you can understand that.... :think:

EDIT: oh by the way, if he's anything like me and loses his charger all the time, you can use the USB to charge it up too, it's a life-saver :)

hi i have done that. kieran got a cd with the usb which he downloaded onto the computer, but i cant find that anywhere.

meanwhile he downloaded his football song cd onto the computer, i can find these songs, so i put in the usb, plugged it into the phone and waite but no pop up came up.

When you say he got a CD with the USB do you mean it's the software for the phone or a music CD?

Try unplugging the USB a few times, the pop up should be automatic but mine doesn't do it every time (the phone must be switched on)

OK don't worry about that I don't ever use the software anyway...have you got windows XP?

yep xp. in music media i have the songs. when i plugged in the usb the egg timer came up but nothinhg.

m sil said ou cant put a cd song on a phone it must be a mp3 song

No once the songs are copied onto the computer they are MP3's

When the phone is plugged in go to My Computer, and where it usually has C and D drives, see if you have an "E" drive (removable disk)

Right...hmmm, until you have an E drive (that's the phone) the computer is not recognising it so there's no way to get the music on it.
I would try rebooting the PC, plugging it all in again then seeing what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back