mmm..shunning baby food??

xrachx

Reaction score
right for a few days now Glenn has been getting less and less interested in his food, he has a varied menu that i make so i know he isnt bored, the thing is, he is really interested in our food, i have given him a jacket potato with dairylea in and he loved it, he is also having toast and is also having bread (sandwich style but in little bits) he is really good at chewing and uses his two little teeth (bless him) is anyone elses lo like this? i thought it was because he was teething but no, he got quite upset halfway through his tea tonight but soon cheered up when he saw our tea!
do you think i should try and trick him by changing the dishes, he may think he is getting something different?

Have you tried looking at the Baby Led Weaning forum here - http://www.babyledweaning.co.uk/forum/index.php

Maybe he is one of those babies who are happier skipping the baby food stage and wants to go straight to 'grown up' food, and you can manage this with BLW and making sure that what you eat is suitable for him too. My baby is happy to eat a mix of grown up food and baby food. She has been able to manage things like steam veg, bread, toast, pasta and fruit since she was about 6 and a half months. She generally has grown up food at breakfast and lunch, and then has baby food for dinner because I cook for OH and me after she has gone to bed. She likes things like low sugar cereals or toast and jam for breakfast. For lunch you can get anything finer than hummous and breadsticks in her opinion, but she does love Philadelphia cheese, bolognese sauce and little sandwiches too. She snacks on lots of little pieces of fruit - if I have a banana or peach I share it with her.

There's lots of info on this forum about BLW - it's not everyone's cup of tea, but it sounds as though it would suit your baby well.

hey thanks for that! i think he could well manage steamed veg and stuff and i also use the cook at home sauces and gravy's so i think i will definately have a look at that site, thanks again.x

Isaac was exactly the same, I'd move him onto normal food, BLW (baby led weaning) definitely, and have fun!! hehe :hug:

I am going to stick with it i think, feeding that is, i was going to go the blw way but i think it was the teething afterall that was the problem, he has started eating again so am relieved! he polished off his sunday dinner yesterday like a little hoover! he has had some porridge this morning so i think things are back on track...(phew!)

Same as you. LO is teething constantly :shock: and is going on and off food from day to day. She is also interested in eating our food even when she isn't eating hers, but then another time she will be fine with what I give her. Taking ages with these teeth... :(

its awful isnt it, he has his first two but he is still going through it! so i reckon he is either getting one up top or another at the bottom but he wont let me look or feel, his gums are really hard so i know he is due another...he keeps going really hot, ill and just lolling about and then he could wake up and be a bit better, i feel so sorry for him.
are you using the teething powders?

Yeah I'm trying the powders be tbh I am not sure that anything really makes a difference. Tried teething necklace, powders, bonjela etc but it is still a horrible experience for both of us! SHe has the bottom two which came through a month ago and that was REALLY tough.

I went to the doc on Friday for her third lot of jabs and mentioned that she always gets ill after them, temp etc and he asked how she is when she is teething and said that it seems she is really sensitive to pain etc.

How was Glenn after jabs?
Just going to check out your teething thread :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back