Mixing with other kids who are ill....

G3M said:
i use to hear of chicken pox parties , where if someone had chicken pox everyone would bring there kids / have a party in the hope there lil ones would catch it and get it over with ! better to have it younge and all that !

I got my chicken pox from a chicken pox party :D

I think if its a cold, I'm not too bothered, Libby seems to have had more time with a cold than without in the last 6 months, and as Jennywren says, if I was to keep her away from others with colds she would never go anywhere or do anything. I don't take her when she isat the start of a cold as she is feeling rubbish anyway so less likely to want to join in & play, and I like to keep her at home in the warm - although a little walk I will take her on, as I find it dries her nose a bit and the fresh air I think works wonders.

If she is getting over a cold, I would take her, and as said before, it is good for her immune system so I'm not too bothered.

I think if it is something that is really bothering you Lou, then of course, you really should say something, I think if you know the mother well/ approach it senstiviely (I know you wouldn't dive in both feet :lol: ) then its best to get the conversation over with, I personally wouldn't mnd someone approaching me if they did it in a bit of a sensitive way......how ill is this child though - is it green snot ahoy??

As for chicken pox, I agree that I do want Libby to get it, but not until after her birthday now, so as mentioned before, as long as the time is right for us, I would also encourage her to mix with others so that it was done and out of th way.

Think its something we are all bound to have differing opinions on though as all of our situations and circumstances are so different (work/ childcare/ lives etc).

Yeah the kids are always ill. Snot, fevers, vomiting, coughs you name it. They have been referred to a pediatrician for tests. Maybe I'm over reacting? I dunno? :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back