missed misscarriage? ?

happy789

Reaction score
Hello and thank you in advance. Im unsure of dates, I know I had mp on 7th may, and ive had 2 since then. I was pretty sure on was end june/start july. I took a clearblue digital on 31st july which said pregnabt 2-3 weeks. I thought j was around 7/8 weeks thus week and went for early dating scan (im wanting nuchal fold test done privately so needed to be sure of dates) sonographer asked was I sure of my dates? It only looks about 5 weeks by both tummy and internal sscan.i have to go back next friday to see. She said it could have stopped at 5 weeks. Ive had no bleeding, no intense pain, still feel sick and tired and boobs sore. I just don't what to think and obviously it'll either be 1 outcome or the other both with very different endings. Has anyone else experienced this?

Sorry you are having to go through this. I hope you have your dates wrong and everything will be ok at the next scan! Xxx

Hi Happy789, I've had two missed miscarriages and I had no pain and no bleeding, mine were diagnosed at 11.5weeks and 10 weeks, however just in case you ovulated late I'd wait a bit longer and stay hopeful, if on the 31st of July you were only 2 weeks and 1 day, that would mean you would only be 5weeks 1 day since ovulation last Thurs the 21st of August (or 7weeks pregnant) perhaps it was too early to pick up a heartbeat, I would go to an Early Pregnancy Unit or your GP and explain your situation as they should also test your blood for hcg to see what level it is at and to see if it is rising. Sending you lots of hopexx

Thanks Clementine for your reply, im so sorry you've been through 2 miscarriages... im lucky to have 3 gorgeous children 12, 8 &6 so if this is a miss I know they'll keep me going. I pray that my dates are wrong but im trying to prepare for the worst then if there is good news I'll be happy and if not I'll be ready. Hope that makes sense? Uts hard as hubby works away and kids arent back to school (and are killing each other! !) Im still feeling very very sick all the time!

Hi Happy, I hesitated to write to you because I'm sorry to say I did not have happy endings, which means this is not a happy ending story which is what I am sure you really need to hear right now. Still, I've been what you are going through now on two occasions. The pregnancies looked normal except that the size did not tie in with my dates (which in my case I was sure of). No heartbeat appeared either time. Both times I had to wait for another 1-2 weeks in order to see whether there was any development. If ir is just that your dates are uncertain...then you you could very well go back to a follow up scan to find everything is totally normal. (This happens to LOTS of people.....so don't give up). In my case, it wasn't the dates that were out, it was simply that the baby had not developed beyond a certain stage which led to a mmc in both cases. Pregnancy symtoms were normal and I had no bleeding at all on the second one with only a tiny amount on the first. I really hope that for you your next scan will show everything is ok. If not, then I am with you in spirit. I just had the last d and c three days ago but have come to terms with it pretty well this time as I am just trying to accept that the baby probably would not have been ok if it had gone on to full term, so this was just meant to be. Sending lots of love and luck. xxx

Thank you for reaching out Shania... you must be feeling shattered... im so sorry you've been through it twice.

I had my follow up scan on friday, its still "inconclusive" there is a fetal pole in the yolk sac now measuring 6 w 4 d but no heartbeat.... I have to go back next friday ( 3 days) to see has it progressed, she said that there would have to be growth/heartbeat by then if viable.... my head is all over the place. .. id built myself up for there to an empty sac... now there's a fetal pole I dont know what to think or expect. .. im not giving up hope yet but am prepared for the worst on friday. ...

Sorry to hear you are going through this Happy. Wishing you all the best for this coming Friday. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back