MIssed miscarriage options

Fela

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm in on Friday morning to have a follow up scan after finding out lat Friday that I'd had a mmc. Just a few questions for anyone who has been there:

- having researched the options, I'd like to have an MVA. The nurse who booked me in in the phone said that was an option should I meet the 'criteria'. Anyone any clue what the criteria may be?
- if anyone has had an MVA, how long did you bleed and were you straight back to work?
-.. do they just do the procedure or do they do any tests on the tissue they remove?

Thanks!

I'm not sure about an MVA as i just opted for the natural route as was already bleeding but didn't want to read and run. So sorry for your loss xx

Is that a medical management? I had that.

It was ok, I prefer it to surgical options but only because I had paranoia about scarring of womb etc. I was back at work a couple of days later and it all came away without complication. It wasn't pleasant, cramps and passing clots etc but it was over relatively quickly. Bled for a few days and then back to life as normal really. Physically anyway.

I'm not sure what MVA is but I had a D&C, it was all over so quickly and I had no bleeding afterwards. I had a week off work to recover emotionally. I hope you're ok x

Thanks everyone, just for info, an MVA is similar to a DC except it's under local. I'd rather have an mva than pills because I just really feel like I want some control back over my body and this would be quick .... I feel very betrayed by my body, we were so excited, we got pregnant within 3 cycles, couldn't believe we'd done it so quickly, and now all I want is to start again... trying to be brave about it, may take the Monday off work even if I feel better.

Hi fela, so sorry you're going through this and you are as ok as you can be.

I've had an MVA twice, I opted for this surgical procedure as didn't want to be put under for a d and c

The procedure itself is very quick and reasonably pain free, the local anaesthetic​ and gas and air work well, then you go home straight afterwards.

I think the criteria part is for an MVA you have to be 12 weeks gestation and under, the suction part isn't suitable for gestational age above 12 weeks.

I bled for about 10-14 days post procedure

Both of mine were sent away for testing.

I hope that everything goes ok and will be thinking of you. X x

Hi, I initially went for medical management but it did not work for me and when scanned 4 days later the sac was still in situ.
I was then given the 3 options again and choose surgical management just to put an end to it and get back to normality.
I was put under and the whole procedure went smoothly without any discomfort at the time. I did have serious abdominal pains a couple of days later but unsure If connected to the procedure or that's when I would have miscarried naturally, I was back at work as well. Bleeding was no worse than a normal period.
One thing I do recall is for me, at the time I thought I was coping really well, I wasn't, it hit me like a train about 10-14 days after and I was dangerously depressed to the point that I could easily have done something stupid. I hope that's just a personal experience and not too common as its not something I would wish on anyone else. Make sure you get all the support you need, really sorry you are having to go through this x

Hey,

I am sorry to hear this has happened to you as well bug hugs xx

I was told my baby had stopped developing at 6 weeks even tho I was nearly 9 week when I paid for the private scan. The reason I did this was I had sudden and heavy bleed ing 1 night at 9 weeks and the NHS just had a wait n see approach.

Luckily for me I bled consistently and heavy enough for the next 5 days for it to be over with naturally. I had a repeat scan 7 days later and mot of it had gone. Just felt like having a heavy period.

It's not a pleasant thing to go though, stay strong xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back