Miss.Monroe?

kazlin

Reaction score
I have noticed by your name etc that you really like Marilyn Monroe, can I be nosey and ask, is she an interest that you have always had? Do you collect stuff relating to her etc. I'm just really interested.

Hope you don't mind me asking :)

Sorry lol been out enjoying the sunshine!

ive been a Marilyn Monroe fan for about 4 years now, just saw an artical on the news about some new footage they had found and i started looking her up and got addicted!

I got a Marilyn Monroe portrait tattoo 3 years ago on the bottom of my back and have lots more Monroe tattoos planned. i want a marilyn sleeve on my left arm with 5 black and white pictures of her throughout her stardom.

This is my tattoo:
mytat.jpg

I changed my second name in October 2006 from Benson to Monroe so i really am Miss.Monroe! lol

I have everything and anything marilyn monroe related, there was a time when i would buy anything because it had her name/face on it! lol

to name some of the weirder unusual things:
Hot water bottle
underwear set and Pjs
Marilyn Monroe Perfume
Marilyn Monroe shoes

i have about 30 books on Marilyn, from the most common books you can find, all the way through to books signed by the author,Limited Edition (eg 1 of 500) and sent from America!

I have a Monroe duvet set, wall rug, countless posters and pictures in frames on the wall, orneaments, and plates. Even a few Monroe Tshirts. lol

OH was so good to me one year, drove me 5 hours to Derbyshire for a Marilyn Monroe exhibition! it was brilliant, seeing all her belongings and costumes!

here are some pictures of my bedroom about a year and a half ago before i moved out to live with OH. I have collected more books since these pictures were taken but you can see most of them crammed in the shelf! lol

(bet you wish you didnt ask now! lol)

12_01_05_2013.jpg

12_01_05_2023.jpg

12_01_05_2021.jpg

12_01_05_2017.jpg

12_01_05_2016.jpg

Wow hun, I think it's great to have an interest like yours...the nearest I come to collecting is witches and crystals, anything New Age really. Marilyn Monroe certainly is a legend isn't she.

Thanks for replying :D

Glad i shouted ya now, im a nosey sod always wondered whether it was just a name, or a collection too !!

I wish i had one thing to focus on, instead i have a month or so of collecting one thing only to swicth to something else !!

it is nice to have something to be so passionate about. i love just relaxing and looking through a book full of pictures, or watching a Monroe film.

She certainly was a clever lady, she had her own production company, it annoys me when people say she was thick! she certainly wasnt! some of her quotes are very touching. And in her interviews in the last few years of her life she would talk about 'Marilyn' in the 3rd person, Marilyn was just her persona (spelling?) it wasnt who she was away from the cameras.

Wow... to say you like Marilyn Monroe is and understatement!!

gosh that you had your name changed... :shock:

nice collection though! (mines tom and jerry :oops: )

I love her too! She was great! :D (though not as much as you lol)
One question I have for you then, What are your views on her death?? It would be interesting to know what you think :D

leckershell said:
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/items/_W0QQ_nkwZmarilynQ20monroeQ20phonecardQQ_fromZR40QQ_mdoZ

Very random I know, but I once had a french phonecard with Atomic Kitten and was opened up to a wholenew collectors world! Would you believe people actually collect used phonecards .... lol

i have 8 Monroe phone cards :oops: presented in a special frame, when there next to each other it makes a big picture of her.

lea m said:
I love her too! She was great! :D (though not as much as you lol)
One question I have for you then, What are your views on her death?? It would be interesting to know what you think :D

Gosh hard question,after all the books ive read and discussions ive had in Marilyn forums, she certainly was a manic depressive and attempted suicide countless times, so id like to think it was another cry for help gone wrong. There were certainly shady activities around her death, mainly by her housekeeper. And an autopsy report that went from being 100+ pages long to just 54! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back