• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

miscarriage & infection

JaiandLeigh

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

This is my first post (& apologies for it not being a cheery one!) I am TTC baby #1 & had my second miscarriage 2 weeks ago.

I found out after I had the miscarriage that I had a bacterial infection, I am pretty sure I had it before the miscarriage but didn't think much of it at the time as I have never had an infection before...

Does anyone know statistically what the chances are that the miscarriage was due to the infection or is it more likely that they are unrelated?

Next time I will be straight at the doctors at any sign of infection, bleeding, anything lol etc xx

Sorry for your loss. Xx

Out of curiosity was the infection Bacterial Vaginosis? Ive had a mc and am prone to this. I had it during my pregnancy with my son but later on in pregnancy. I have read that there can be links but not sure.

Thanks for your reply - I am not sure if the infection was bacterial vaginosis - its called Anaerobes if that helps? and has been treated using Metronidazole? I am presuming it probably is.. I have read it can increase your risk of miscarriage but the doctor was very vague and couldn't say either way... I am now taking the antibiotics still and waiting for a cycle before TTC again ... out of interest do you know why they say to wait a full cycle after a mc? is it because of dates or for your body or both? x

I had the same abntibiotic so it may be similar. I have read there is aslight increase inrisk if you have it but its not proven enough to make it definite. To be honest I find the dr's and nurses are very vague about the reason for a mc. They just seem to want to put it down to one of those things and thats it. Thevperson who hascexperienced it wants mire explanation though. I wasnt told to wait a full cycly in fairness but the advice also appears tp vary greatly on this too. Im a big believer in ttc when YOU are ready. Thats important!

The main reason I think is for dates but if you are on antibiotocs I would probably wait until they have done their job. I really wanted antibiotics afetr having my MC but they couldn't find the infection they claimed that I had earlier.

Thank you ladies :) my antibiotics finish Friday & I would imagine I will have AF within the next fortnight but who knows! But I think we won't wait in the meantime, chances are I will have missed OV anyway because probably happened this week and havn't BD'd because antibiotics plus OH is working away anyway... Here's hoping March is our lucky month! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back