Mini pill and vaginal bleeding

AliCat

Reaction score
Hi girls!

My doctor has put me on the mini pill, Cerazzete (safe for BFing mums) and on reading the info in the packet of pills it said one of the side effects is vaginal bleeding. It said the bleedng could range from spotting to a light, scanty period. I've been bleeding since yesterday and it's enough to warrant wearing a tampon or a pad. The trouble is, I don;t want to wear a pad as they irritated me down there and was wondering if I could wear tampons now? All is healed down there and feels quite normal now. I gave birth to my daughter 8 weeks ago.

Any advice from mums in a similar situation would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. xxx

Like Carley, I didn't get any bleeding at all but to have lots is common too. In fact I'm coming off cerazette now because I don't like not bleeding! Makes me too paranoid as I'm not always that good at taking it.

Yeah I was the opposite, when I went on it I didn't bleed for 6 weeks and then bled pretty much on and off for over a month. The doctor said it could settle down but usually with cerazette it's all or nothing!

Thanks girls. I am bleeding quite a lot, like a normal period for me. I just hope that I'm not gonna be bleeding for ages, that will just be so annoying! Usually my periods last 4 days and is quite light, and that was on another type of pill, Loestrin. Fingers crossed that I won't bleed too much argh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back