mini pill and spotting

kirlykird

Reaction score
Hi ladies...

I started the mini pill( due to breastfeeding) at 21 days as recommended by gp and fpa... just wondering if any of you ladies are using this?

basically the reason for the query is that yesterday I had some slight spotting in my underwear and wondered if this is normal/has anyone else experienced this?

I've not missed any pills and taken them the same time each night, I'm now onto day 7.

Thanks in advance

My gp said it can take up to about 3 months for periods to settle after a birth and with pills they take a while too whether you've had a baby or not so dont worry about it, give your body time to adjust.
You're also bfing so unlikely to have clockwork periods either.

Hi

Im not sure :? maybe ask you doctor if its normal?
Katrina

I was on the mini pill prior to trying to concieve and had breakthough bleeding all the time. I am still bleeding from birth .it could be for you the same thing to as m/w said it could stop and start again.

what is this mini pill all aout? im thinking i should go on it.
how do you take it etc?

Mini pill is progesterone only and is the best available for breast feeding mummies as it doesn't affect the milk supply.

You take it daily at the same time without a break like the combined pill. :)

oh id would definately forget to take it at the same time. #5 would be made in no time! ill stick with my mates! :lol:

cloud9 said:
I was on the mini pill and had breakthough bleeding all the time.

Ditto, every day...Had to stop taking it in then end, then got PG, lol!

budge said:
what is this mini pill all aout? im thinking i should go on it.
how do you take it etc?

Budge in on the mini pill, its called Femulin.

You have to take it everyday at around the same time, no break tho like the combined pill were you stop every 4 weeks or so.

If you miss one youve fuked it lol and wont be protected for another 7 days. You have a hour leway tho :)

I use these aswell as condoms :lol:

Oh and ive never had a period sinse my after birth bleed :D

I was on Cerazette and I had really irregular bleeding which isn't unusual on the mini pill. I went back on to a combined pill when I stopped breastfeeding and now my periods are really regular again.

I take noriday but it has a 3 hour swing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back