Mince

Emma58

Reaction score
I'll try posting this again i've lost it twice already!

I took Mince out to defrost last night for tonights tea. I've just checked it and it won't be defrosted in time.

What is the best thing to do, Defrost in the microwave or place it in water?

I don't want to poison us all.

so not me just having problems!! I wait till last min if its still frozen in middle I normally just fry as normal!!!but thats me Im sure theres a better way of doing it!
btw what u doing for tea? hubby wants me to cook a shephards so we got mince defrosting!

I've put it in boiling hot water to let it soak in and defrost, and I am still alive. :wink:

I am making Spicy Spag Bol :D

I really need it to defrost because there is nothing else in for tea and i am not going out to shops today to buy anything else. It's too cold.

You don't actually need to defrost beef mince although its much easier to work with/brown off if you do. Its no problem that its a bit frozen in the middle. :)

You won't poison anyone. If you want it to defrost first though you can defrost it the microwave but not for too long because it will actually start cooking which is awful but its good to get the process going and then soak it (in a bag) in cold water, make sure theres no air in the bag.

Emma58 said:
I am making Spicy Spag Bol :D

I really need it to defrost because there is nothing else in for tea and i am not going out to shops today to buy anything else. It's too cold.

I'm doing Spag Bol tonight :D

i'm doing spag bol too :D :D

i never defrost my mince - just chuck it straight in a pan and make sure its all broken up and cooked through. i tend to put my bolognaise sauce in the oven for 45 mins after giving it a quick fry, so i know its all gonna be cooked through.

i can smell mine in the oven now... YUM!!!!

I have these visions of blocked mince packets being cooked and skating around the pan lol!! :lol: :lol:

Your microwave should have a defrost option...
Id also defrost with cold water.

As long as the mince is throughly cooked its fine!

I never defrost mince (I always forget!) and we haven't been ill yet! Just stick it in the frying pain on a low heat and keep turning over until it softens enough for you to break up (you do tend to end up chopping into blocks before it goes to its normal mince consistency!) Once it is more mince like, it is normally pretty much browned anyway, so I turn up the heat, ensure it is all cooked through and continue as normal with the recipe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back