Milk tokens

Dee1985

Reaction score
Hi i no some people on benifits get free milk tokens for a free tin of milk a week..
any idea what i need to be, to be entitled to them?
:think:

You have to be on Income support (or JSA I think) to be able to get them. You only get them for 6 weeks after baby is born too as far as I remember. I got them when I was pregnant for 7 pints of milk a week (when I couldn't work) and then when I put Damien onto formula you get tokens for tins of formula, but I only got them for 6 weeks. If you bf you just continue to get milk tokens for 7 pints a week.

hope that helps
xx

oh i wont get them then..... as im working! :(

i hate paying for formula urghh

I know me too, its so expensive, I was on farleys which was only £5.27 , now she has to have the staydown which is £7. something, its alot of money and it doesnt even last a week

We get milk tokens for Aimee cos DH is on JSA and we get them for the first 12 months. You can also claim them if you get child tax credit with a family income below £13,910.

Hmmmm we don't get them and our taxcedits are worked out on 12,500 :think:

I read it in the leaflet i got about the milk tokens. It also it's definatly a year and not six weeks. Maybe you should get on to them about it!

Found thid on Citizens advice website

Milk tokens

Some people on low incomes can get milk tokens which can be exchanged for free milk.

You can get free milk tokens if you are at least ten week's pregnant and you are getting Income Support or income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance. You will also qualify if you get Child Tax Credit but are not getting Working Tax Credit and your income is low enough. If you are a member of the family of someone who is on these benefits, and you are pregnant you can also get free milk tokens. A member of the family in this case is an opposite-sex partner, same-sex partner or dependent child of the person who is getting one of these benefits.

Free milk tokens are also available if you are breastfeeding a child under one, and you (or a member of your family) get Income Support or income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance. Also, if you get Child Tax Credit but are not getting Working Tax Credit and your income is low enough.

If you get Income Support or income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, any of your children who are under five are entitled to free milk tokens. If you get Child Tax Credit, your income is low enough, and you are not able to get Working Tax Credit, your children under five are also entitled to milk tokens.

If you are an asylum seeker being supported by the National Asylum Support Service, you cannot get milk tokens, but if you are pregnant or have a child under three, you will get an extra payment for milk or infant formula.

Milk tokens for children are issued automatically if you are eligible.

If you are claiming milk tokens because you are pregnant, you should fill in a claim form and have it approved by a health professional – for example, a midwife. The form is in the leaflet 'Free milk for pregnant women' which you can get from your midwife or doctor or from the Department of Health website at www.dh.gov.uk

If you think you are entitled to milk tokens and don’t receive them, or you have any other problems with milk tokens, you should consult an experienced adviser, for example, at a Citizens Advice Bureau. To search for details of your nearest CAB, including those that can give advice by email, click on nearest CAB.

Free vitamins

Some people on low incomes are entitled to free vitamins. You can get free vitamins if you are pregnant or breastfeeding a child under one, and you are getting Income Support, income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, or you are on child tax credit (and not entitled to Working Tax Credit) and your income is low enough. You can also get free vitamins for a child under five if you are on Income Support, income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, or Child Tax Credit (but not entitled to Working Tax Credit) and your income is low enough. You can get free vitamins from child health and maternity clinics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back