Milk Tokens now changed to Healthy Start tokens!

Jayceesmumma

Reaction score
Instead of the usual 4 milk tokens a month, each worth 7pints of milk, They have converted to 4 tokens a month, each worth £2.80 which i can spend on Cows milk, Fresh Fruit, Fresh Veg or infant Formula!!
I think its a great change!! Even pregnant women can get these tokens!!

ive never heard of this?

how can i get 7 pints ogf milk for nothing? i wanna know!!!! :cheer:

Sorry i should have stated before :wall: :doh: U can get them if ur on either job seekers, income support, child tax credits, or have an income lower than £14,000 a yr or if your pregnant and under 18.
Sorry should have said :oops:

This is great news as it can be annoying having to buy 7 pints/2 litres of milk all at once.

Jayceesmumma said:
Sorry i should have stated before :wall: :doh: U can get them if ur on either job seekers, income support, child tax credits, or have an income lower than £14,000 a yr or if your pregnant and under 18.

well that counts me out then

Londoner Claire said:
This is great news as it can be annoying having to buy 7 pints/2 litres of milk all at once.
Tell me about it! My freezer is always full of milk lol!

budge said:
Jayceesmumma said:

Sorry hun :oops:
U dont need all the above just one. :)

Jayceesmumma said:
Londoner Claire said:
Tell me about it! My freezer is always full of milk lol!

It's carrying it all that's the pain. When I had milk tokens I used to freeze some of it.

Yeah! Thats another reason why its a great idea! Its good to encorage mum to give their kids fruit and veg and for pg mums to eat it too!
I know a girl who wont gie her son fruit coz she doesnt want to change his dirty nappy :shock: bloody stupid :x

Jayceesmumma said:
budge said:
Jayceesmumma said:

Sorry hun :oops:
U dont need all the above just one. :)

i don't think i have one :shock:

whats child tax credits? Is it the one everyone gets?

we get child tax credits!!! i just looked in the drawer!!!

how do i apply then? I want 7 pints of milk free!!!!! :cheer: :cheer:

budge do you also get working tax credits? i do so i am not intitled to them.

i was told you had to be recieving only income support job seekrs or incapasity benefit for them

but i wasnt getting any and to behonest i thought they were rubbish as whats £2 odds when baby milk is ( for colbys aptimil extra) £7.49 when the health centres used to sell it at £4.39

xxx

dionne said:
budge do you also get working tax credits? i do so i am not intitled to them.

no i don't get working tax credits.

well i don't think i do. are they connected to child tax credits?

budge said:
well i don't think i do. are they connected to child tax credits?
No, its different. U cant get tokens for working tax credits

The website is www.healthystart.nhs.uk

U can see if u qualify there.

In my leaflet i got with my new tokens, its says and i quote:

You qualify for Healthy Start if you are pregnant or have a child inder four years old AND one of the following applies:
>You or your family get income support, or
>you or your family get income-based job seekers allowance, or
>you or your family get Child Tax Credit (but not working Tax Credit) and have an annual family income of below £14,155 (2006/2007)
OR
> Your pregnant and under 18 years of age

You can also get free vitamins.

I think its worth getting the vouchers as it may only be a £2.80 a week contribution for each child, but it helps buy milk, fruit or veg! I find it DOES help me out alot in the long run, you do save money if the majority of your shopping is fruit veg and milk (like mine)

Its a very good way to get kids eating healthier :)

well im not eligable for it

i do get child tx credit but our income is more than 14.155.

Oh well. Story of my life :rotfl: im never entitled to anything.

it is a good idea though but it think it should be eligable for every child.

how much do you get towards baby milk??? im confused :think:

Each token is worth £2.80 to spend on whatever u want if its milk, fruit, veg or formula. I get 4 tokens a month and i can spend them how i like. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back